Thread: Keeping heat up

Thanks

Default Keeping heat up

Hi all im looking to start growing in a tent but inside a garage (partner doesn't want it in the house) and with winter ever edging closer i was wondering what steps people take to keep the heat in their tents. I will be using leds as well so won't get as much heat as other lighting systems. Ive been toying with the idea of using insulation foam boards which i can get easily enough then ply around that. Is that a good idea or not?
    Thanks
    Panzer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Panzerdank For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17), GanjasaurusREX (19-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,684 Times

whilst reading this mate your suggestion was what i was goina say lol !

wonder if you made like a little enclosure for it with insulation to keep it warmer round the tent (would also stop anyone seeing it from outside garage) then it doesn't get as cold as the rest of garage? probably need to be decent thickness though...

you can also put little radiators in the tent mate too, maybe even one in the the garage too?

shame the mrs won't let ya do it in house
    Last edited by GanjasaurusREX; 19-07-17 at 08:24 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17), Panzerdank (19-07-17)

Hobbit Guest

You could use HPS lights for a bit more heat.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (25-07-17), GanjasaurusREX (19-07-17), Panzerdank (19-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks guys thats what i was thinking as well a little 55 watt radiator in the tent.
    Hi hobbit i was considering it but its the electricity costs im thinking about. Its going to be a 1.5x1.5 tent so will need a good 600 watt hps for that

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Panzerdank For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17)

Hobbit Guest

I was doing some calculations the other day cost me around $2 a day to run a 600, its like the same price as 2 bottles of homebrew mate, bugger all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerdank View Post
    Thanks guys thats what i was thinking as well a little 55 watt radiator in the tent.
    Hi hobbit i was considering it but its the electricity costs im thinking about. Its going to be a 1.5x1.5 tent so will need a good 600 watt hps for that
    Wattage is wattage. One devise is not cheaper than the other unless its a different wattage. HID would be best suitable for you to provide heat during lights on. Certainly more cheaper than a external heater.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17), GanjasaurusREX (19-07-17), M_C (25-07-17), Panzerdank (20-07-17), TwistedRoots (30-07-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Blunt View Post
    Wattage is wattage. One devise is not cheaper than the other unless its a different wattage. HID would be best suitable for you to provide heat during lights on. Certainly more cheaper than a external heater.
    My thoughts as well mate id rather spend the dollars on stronger lights than a heater.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Admiral (19-07-17), eli toke (30-07-17), GanjasaurusREX (19-07-17), MR B-loom (20-07-17), M_C (25-07-17), Panzerdank (20-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

You can purchase tube heaters, the big ones are around 130watts so should be fine for your room, id insulate it too and ply round
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

hps is what you need ....... listen to these guys
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17)

Thanks

hi got to agree with genral consensus why wast money on heet when u can have lumenums for less cost n heet for free happy days .keep rollin Eli