Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temp problems :(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Default Temp problems :(

Hey guys and girls,

Ive got a SMS fan speed controller, in a old coal shed ive made into my grow room. running a 600hps, 6" extraction, also running lights at night, set the controller to 24degrees but when the lights on the temps are hitting 38degrees at night if I was to put a passive intake in would this drop the temps when lights are on? currently a bit cold in the day as ive had to put the speed a bit higher when the fans "idle" any ideas would be great
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-07-17), Ironman (20-07-17), Northern (22-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

It would bring the temps down bud yeah, go down to a 4" for you intake and i'm sure you will see your temps coming down. I'm growing in a loft and i've not hit those temps yet with lights on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Northern (22-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Yeah mate a 100mm passive should sort that out. Think about where the coolest air will come from and stick the passive there. Don't forget to cover the hole with mesh of some sort to keep pests out.😉

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-07-17), Northern (22-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks chaps, its effecting yield i think will get a mentor next round i think or maybe a diary

Thanks

Sorry ment to put 30degrees bloody phone haha. I dont have a fan i can use, so ill have to smash a hole in the wall haha would that bring in enough cold air? Also, would it lower humidity?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Ironman (20-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    Sorry ment to put 30degrees bloody phone haha. I dont have a fan i can use, so ill have to smash a hole in the wall haha would that bring in enough cold air? Also, would it lower humidity?
    As long as you have negative pressure in your grow room it will work perfectly.
    Although 30 isn't ideal, it shouldn't cause that many issues for you. I would still smash a passive in there tho, that should knock a couple of degrees off for you.😉

Diary is the way forward mate, you'll have loads helping you and it's all logged down for reference for your next grow too😉

Thanks

Also if you need an intake fan for a quick fix, b n q do a bathroom extractor made by manrose. It's 25 quid and 100m diameter. I've got 1 as a extra intake when it gets real warm😉

Thanks

I can't really tell if there is negative pressure if I'm honest, im not running in a tent is a brick coal house with s concrete floor and celing. I've just put up a studd wall and have the ballast outside the room. I can knock a few bricks out to get a passive intake, the outside toilets always cool so it should hopefully work. Don't really fancy having to buy a cool tube if I can get away with it. As I'd have to run a heater 24/7 quick Q: On a sms controller, do i just plug it in and set the temp number and idle speed, or does the room need to be at say 24degrees when i set thr controller to 24degrees?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Ironman (20-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    I can't really tell if there is negative pressure if I'm honest, im not running in a tent is a brick coal house with s concrete floor and celing. I've just put up a studd wall and have the ballast outside the room. I can knock a few bricks out to get a passive intake, the outside toilets always cool so it should hopefully work. Don't really fancy having to buy a cool tube if I can get away with it. As I'd have to run a heater 24/7 quick Q: On a sms controller, do i just plug it in and set the temp number and idle speed, or does the room need to be at say 24degrees when i set thr controller to 24degrees?
    That's sounds fine mate, as I say don't forget to cover with mesh or tights or something. I'm not 100% on the SMS but I had a rhino controller that worked in a similar way, if it's got a temp probe then just set it to the temp you want and away you go.

Thanks

Ive just checked them before lights go off, the passive intake has helped a little 29.9degrees now, might make the hole a bit bigger, its probably only about 50mm wide, if that don't work it looks like I'm buying a fan lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Ironman (21-07-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast