Thread: Negative tent pressure how do I set it

Thanks

Default Negative tent pressure how do I set it

Hi all looking for another bit of information please

I have a grow room that’s 2.4 X 1.2 X 2.0 and I have 2 X 600 watt lights in it. With cold air pushing out the hot air from the lights and it is vented right outside the tent

I am using a 6” fan for Intake and an 8" fan with filter as an Outtake fan and I bought a Gromatrix Airate 2 Pro Twin Channel Temperature Controlled Fan Controller this is a link to it on eBay 122364875326

But I’m not sure that I have set it up right ? and I don't know what settings I should have it on to get the Negative tent pressure set so how do I set it

Any information that you could give me would be great

Thanks leepylee

Bulls Guest

Hello mate.
    To have negative pressure your extraction fan should be rated higher than your intake which you have at the moment. But as you're using a controller make sure that your extraction is always on a higher setting than your intake. Easiest eay to check this to completely seal your tent and open one of the vents. Put a piece of paper on the vent and it should be sucking it instead of pulling it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (25-07-17), M_C (23-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

If your tent has suction when zipped up, you should be fine. It'll basically compress.