Thread: Growroom Walls

Thanks

Default Growroom Walls

I'm finishing off my new growroom and have a fair bit of "sonic silver underlay". (eBay 182089753687)

It's 5mm thick and supposedly has thermal / acoustic properties.

Would it be worth sticking this on the walls or should I go with white matt emulsion? (and if so, is this significantly better than magnolia emulsion that's already up? Wondering if it's worth painting...

Cheers.

1st Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    2nd Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    3rd Grow - 4x Incredible Bulk & 1x Delicious Candy
    4th Grow - Incredible Bulk, Delicious Candy & Pakistan Valley
    5th Grow - 1200w 8 Plants Multistrain

Thanks

Depending on where your room is situated and if the walls are insulated or not. I take it you have a purpose build room? I grow in an outbuilding and all walls floor and ceiling have 100mm thick celotex boards behind them. Personally I find Matt white paint is better and gives more even spread of light than any Mylar or white plastic sheeting I have used.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

kbag (29-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

matt white walls work a treat you might want to think about getting dulux endurance or similar as it is washable.

Thanks

Yeah purpose built room mate. 36mm of MDF and 50mm of Rockwool sound insulation so hopefully that'll do the job lol. I'm gonna go grab some white matt tomorrow and paint the wooden sides, and see how I feel then about painting the "proper" walls, don't want to have to repaint them magnolia if I ever dismantle the room.

Will bung the 5mm acoustic silver underlay down on the floor.