Thread: White strawberry skunk- Strain hunters.

farmshop Guest

Default White strawberry skunk- Strain hunters.

So I popped these in some water on wednesday, left them for 24/36 hour untill Thursday evening. Only 1 had split. I transfered them all to a tub with some damp kitchen roll. Just the one tap root by Saturday morning. So late yesterday I decided to give them a helping hand and slightly opened up the seed with my finger nail. Now all tap roots are showing. Never done that before but I know now if they don't ever split what to do.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17), GEORGE (30-07-17), jake420 (30-07-17), MR B-loom (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    So I popped these in some water on wednesday, left them for 24/36 hour untill Thursday evening. Only 1 had split. I transfered them all to a tub with some damp kitchen roll. Just the one tap root by Saturday morning. So late yesterday I decided to give them a helping hand and slightly opened up the seed with my finger nail. Now all tap roots are showing. Never done that before but I know now if they don't ever split what to do.
    Will be interesting to see how this one does.
    All the beat there Farm shop.

Is that the Strain Hunters seeds?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-17), jake420 (05-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stirl_420_SA View Post
    Will be interesting to see how this one does.
    All the beat there Farm shop.

Is that the Strain Hunters seeds?

Never mind there mate. Should of had me eyes open.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-17), jake420 (05-08-17)

Thanks

havin seriose probs my self just now seeds crack can see tap root transfer to grow medeium get to one or two leaves if lucky then plant dies tryed everything can think root rioght seed pods other seed pods ,spagnum moss ,seedling compost,even earth from local field ,same results across the board over 40 seeds only 2 surviving plants wtf tested everything can think of ec(amint fuckin feeding )ph runoff 6.5 ph water 6.8 everything seams good tryed everything can think of still same 2.5 months 40 plus seads cant hurt to try crack open by hand heres hopin cheers farmshop

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eli toke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-17)

farmshop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eli toke View Post
    havin seriose probs my self just now seeds crack can see tap root transfer to grow medeium get to one or two leaves if lucky then plant dies tryed everything can think root rioght seed pods other seed pods ,spagnum moss ,seedling compost,even earth from local field ,same results across the board over 40 seeds only 2 surviving plants wtf tested everything can think of ec(amint fuckin feeding )ph runoff 6.5 ph water 6.8 everything seams good tryed everything can think of still same 2.5 months 40 plus seads cant hurt to try crack open by hand heres hopin cheers farmshop
    Orate eli, you don't want to be feeding a seed for the 1st week with anything or untill the 2 first rounded leafs start to go pale. Normally 24hours in plain water, transfer to wet paper towel for 24 hours them straight into some small pots of soil. I like to put some cling film over it untill it raises it's head. Keep the light fairly close.

But dont be feeding nothing. No ph'ing the water. Just straight out of the tap

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

eli toke (30-07-17), GEORGE (30-07-17)

Thanks

have not been feeding just left in water to crack n show tap root or done in paper till c tap root transfer to medeum as said n watch them die.only tested ec n ph as last resort hopin to find prob still struglin . have done them in propogator in dark ,propogator under light ,no propogator in dark no prop in light temps from 25 no good 27 no good 30 no good this is doin my head in but still cant grow a plant.this is my first grow in 22 years first time in tent i know ive forgot more than i thought but come on once its germinated what can go wrong iknow i might have drowned the first few but i learned after 40 plus seads how much more can i have forgot that should be easy part

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eli toke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

Just bought some of them seeds yesterday mate you putting a diary up for these🤞🏻👍
    J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-17)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eli toke View Post
    have not been feeding just left in water to crack n show tap root or done in paper till c tap root transfer to medeum as said n watch them die.only tested ec n ph as last resort hopin to find prob still struglin . have done them in propogator in dark ,propogator under light ,no propogator in dark no prop in light temps from 25 no good 27 no good 30 no good this is doin my head in but still cant grow a plant.this is my first grow in 22 years first time in tent i know ive forgot more than i thought but come on once its germinated what can go wrong iknow i might have drowned the first few but i learned after 40 plus seads how much more can i have forgot that should be easy part
    Back to basics then...

Youll need a light soil, weak in nature to start off your seedlings. 50% compost/30% sharp sand/20% perlite. There is enough feed in the seed for 2-3 sets of proper leaves. Seaweed extract and water from the tap, whith the chlorine, this will kill the bacteria if that whats killing your plants. Dont water in the medium to max wetness, water by misting with the meduim more dry than wet to help the water uptake. To make the roots search out the moisture and get stronger, the misting supopoorts them while they search

High temps will kill seedlings as the capillaries get shrunk if they dry out and are not strong enough to reopen. In a mature plant its not a problem (its like super cropping) but with a seedling with just 1 stem, its fatal.

Check that your tap water doesnt have a stupid high/low ph

can you show a picture of the dying/dead plants as that often points to the reasons.

Even if you grow hydro/coco you can still wash off the soil/compost mix and replant in a basket pot or repot in coco to no adverse effect. Soil as a starter is probably the easiest method, after all thats what plants are genetically predisposed to do...

Always back to the basics when shit gets on top...
    Last edited by daddyO; 10-08-17 at 03:20 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daddyO For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-17), WF420 (27-01-18)