Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbitts RDWC build, so many questions

Hobbit Guest

Default Hobbitts RDWC build, so many questions

Hi all, I want to build an single pot RDWC but I cant seem to find the answers to my questions as most of the builds I have read into are multiple pot systems. I will list a few questions I have here any help would be appreciated.

Firstly will a 50ltr tub be sufficient for one plant? I've seen guys doing smaller but also up to 85ltr.
    Why are some of the ones Im seeing having so many return lines and others not so many?
    If 50ltr is enough would a 1000 ltr/h pump be enough?
    Is there a ratio in relation to res size and air pump?
    Ive seen some just using rubber tubing Im guessing around 19mm and some in pvc from 25mm to 40 mm, Whats the advantage of going smaller or larger in size?

Im sure there is more questions but thats what Im stuck on at the moment.
    Cheers all.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (30-07-17), TomKing (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

hey bud , go look at my dwc diary all is in there .....i think lol , if yo cant find your answeres there , ill help you when i get back next week .

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    hey bud , go look at my dwc diary all is in there .....i think lol , if yo cant find your answeres there , ill help you when i get back next week .

My organic diary
    cheers mate. Hope yur living it up mate.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Might aswel do a dwc bubbler hobs mon unless ya gona run to pots for rdwc. Be interested to see it though a single pot rdwc

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Bigger pot as you can mate,
    At least 1500 lph air into each pot and your onto a winner, I would do minimum 50mm returns and mine did still block once.
    You know my thoughts on water temperatures depends how you want to run them, sterile etc.
    I'd use same principle for a single pot imo.
    Pm if you need mate
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 30-07-17 at 03:09 PM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

TomKing (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    cheers mate. Hope yur living it up mate.
    Ohh yea man , living life as it should .

My organic diary

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

redisiel (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Hey Hobbit,

When you say single Pot RDWC, do you mean one flower tub and a control tub?

But as far as pipe diameter goes for the returns, it depends on your pump size,
    personally I have used 50mm return pipe and 2 returns per tub (I have 4 flower tubs) this is for several reasons, you can look up water flow in different pipe diameters, remember the returns are under no real pressure so you need to check at standard pressure/gravity

Also having multiple returns from the tub stops all the water leaving the tub in one place, creating a current and sucking the roots through the pipes.

Another reason for bigger diameter pipe is also to stop this pressure/current or at least equalise it with the flower tub.

Also flexible hose is bad, for returns at least. the water flow rate can be very low through it, especially with no pump.

Hope that helps some.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...aze-Coco-Scrog

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Might aswel do a dwc bubbler hobs mon unless ya gona run to pots for rdwc. Be interested to see it though a single pot rdwc
    Hey mate yeah Mr Pinkman built one but the pics are gone.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Bigger pot as you can mate,
    At least 1500 lph air into each pot and your onto a winner, I would do minimum 50mm returns and mine did still block once.
    You know my thoughts on water temperatures depends how you want to run them, sterile etc.
    I'd use same principle for a single pot imo.
    Pm if you need mate
    Redz
    Cheers Redz that air would depend on pot size????? My temps under the house are fairly constant I have been measuring temps in a bucket of water sits steady most of the time on 20c goes a bit lower at night. I do have a Haliea chiller if needs must but its a noisy bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ohh yea man , living life as it should .

My organic diary
    Yeah mate im envious. You were smart to go for 2 weeks, wish I did one wasnt nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    Hey Hobbit,

When you say single Pot RDWC, do you mean one flower tub and a control tub?

But as far as pipe diameter goes for the returns, it depends on your pump size,
    personally I have used 50mm return pipe and 2 returns per tub (I have 4 flower tubs) this is for several reasons, you can look up water flow in different pipe diameters, remember the returns are under no real pressure so you need to check at standard pressure/gravity

Also having multiple returns from the tub stops all the water leaving the tub in one place, creating a current and sucking the roots through the pipes.

Another reason for bigger diameter pipe is also to stop this pressure/current or at least equalise it with the flower tub.

Also flexible hose is bad, for returns at least. the water flow rate can be very low through it, especially with no pump.

Hope that helps some.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...aze-Coco-Scrog
    Cheers Tom, I did read your diary mate top job you did as well. yes mate 1 flower pot 1 res. I figured there was a reason for 4 returns just couldn't guess what. Makes top sense that. I had some gear laying about so I knocked one up today just to see what I can learn from it. So I used 2 x 20 litre buckets 19mm poly for the return but just a single though. I had a 1100ltr/hr pump laying about which i just hooked up to garden hose. I used 13mm poly for a spray ring which I drilled 4 small holes in. 4 was too many I think over time id overflow so made another with just 2 holes worked fine. I had 2 aquarium pumps floating about 1 air pump 190 ltr/hr the other is actually a submersible water pump with tubing that hangs out the top so you can get air flow as well. If I build a bigger system I do have a 7000ltr/hr water pump laying about pity I got loads of 20-25 mm pvc piping and fittings laying around was hoping to make use of them would've only needed a bigger air pump then. Can never have too many pumps laying about imo lol. Any way mate your reply was most helpful I understand now. Im guessing the one I built will give me drama down the track. I will build one and hit you up with a few more questions at later date mate in regards to growing in them if you dont mind.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 31-07-17 at 09:56 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (31-07-17)

Hobbit Guest

Woop woop, I went looking for this last night when I saw the pics were gone I moved on. Went back for a read and found he still has that tip top video there. Still makes me dizzy watching this. Some one else chipped in a couple good builds as well. The penny is dropping.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070473839
    Last edited by Hobbit; 31-07-17 at 12:20 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (31-07-17)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast