Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbitts RDWC build, so many questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

That would have been me,Maybe?
    I posted a few pics of a couple of systems I used to have, before they were stolen by the cunt-stables.

If you are just using one flowering pot, then I presume its to use a chiller to keep water temps at 19, yeah.
    Otherwise there isn't much point to be honest.
    The recirculation factor doesn't have a huge effect on yield, I used to get just as much with simple bubblers. to be honest, BUT- you do need decent size totes
    The advantage of the rdwc is emptying and filling the system, its much less back ache, if you have a few pots.

If you want to make one, and do it properly, without leaks, get the following items and I will guide you through it
    2 No. 64 or 84 litre really useful box (2 of these fit in a 1.2 tent and will have the sides of the tent bulging with weeed)
    2No. 200mm net pots
    4 No 40mm solvent weld tank connectors
    4 No 90 degree elbows, 40mm -solvent weld
    About 3 metes of 40mm pipe to suit

If you want to run spray bars;
    about 3 metres of 22mm overflow pipe -solvent weld
    4No. 90 degree elbows 22mm solvent weld
    1 No. tee fitting 22mm solvent weld

some solvent cement
    A hole saw for cutting holes to suit 22mm and 40mm.

When you have this sorted, give me a shout, via pm if you like

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (01-08-17), joker_the_smoker (31-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

I've got 3 really useful box 64l with returns and spray bars using a 10,000L/Ph pump and a 1000L water chiller. Think all my pictures are gone due to photobucket.

Might have my video still though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    I posted a few pics of a couple of systems I used to have, before they were stolen by the cunt-stables.

If you are just using one flowering pot, then I presume its to use a chiller to keep water temps at 19, yeah.
    The recirculation factor doesn't have a huge effect on yield, I used to get just as much with simple bubblers. to be honest, BUT- you do need decent size totes
    The advantage of the rdwc is emptying and filling the system, its much less back ache, if you have a few pots.

If you want to make one, and do it properly, without leaks, get the following items and I will guide you through it
    2 No. 64 or 84 litre really useful box (2 of these fit in a 1.2 tent and will have the sides of the tent bulging with weeed)
    2No. 200mm net pots

some solvent cement

Cheers mate Im gunna buid an 84 ltr using the exact same design as Jesse, I will hit you up as I go if ive got any dramas. Thanks mate.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    I've got 3 really useful box 64l with returns and spray bars using a 10,000L/Ph pump and a 1000L water chiller. Think all my pictures are gone due to photobucket.

Might have my video still though.

Cheers Fwank If you do still have a vid could you link me up please. I spent a good couple of hours watching Jesses vid last night pause rewind etc lol.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

Took me awhile but here it is. https://vid.me/GRux

Hobbit Guest

Cheers Fwank appreciate that mate. You like your nute additives eh mate lol. Nice little set up mate 10 000 ltrs/h thats epic eh.

Hobbit Guest

I bought all the bits and bobs I need today, just a few little things I missed. I bought all parts in PVC pressure pipe and my first question is, is a 41 mm hole saw the right size for the 32mm piping? Also when putting my 32mm returns into the chambers what did people use to seal it or is the tight fit enough? The other thing that's been on my mind is how do you adjust ph and EC in a system like this? Do you just add ph down straight into the system and wait till it circulates through for example?
    Cheers for all the replies so far fellas.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post

2No. 200mm net pots

some solvent cement

Yeah mate it was a couple of your tidy little setups. Sorry to hear the filth stole your gear, they did the same to me last year. They shoulda been arrested for willful damage imo mate. Will hit you up along the way mate the building it will be a piece of cake using it will be a different story I imagine. cheers

Hobbit Guest

ok I already have the answer to my 2nd question I went back and read Jesses build again. How he did it was how i wanted to do it as well but that peanut at the conglomerate store told me those parts dont exist in 32 mm, grr. I will go to a proper plumbing store to get what i need to seal it all up.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

You don't need 32mm stuff, it will make zero difference,
    and 22mm bits are readily available from screwfix. b&Q etc, and will provide higher pressure for the spray bars (acceleration of liquid thru smaller diameter is quicker than larger diameter pipes, given the same thrust at source)

Why make life complicated?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (01-08-17)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast