Thread: Rdwc - unequal spray bar pressure.

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Rdwc - unequal spray bar pressure.

Howdy folks, I'm in need of some technical assistance.

I've redone my system, and have added another 85L tote to it. Also 're done my spray bars.

I've noticed the very last tote has nowhere near the same pressure as the first 2.

Here's how I've done them

I'm using a 7000lph Jecod pump.

Will I need to alter this into a circuit instead of a straight through spray bar ?

2. "no need, for another pump, It will just add more heat to your res
    I used to run 4 totes off a 7000l/hr one, no problem.
    that was in a circuit tho. just route the spraybars properly. mine went from pump, to tee, then down both sides of the totes, out the back in a big loop.
    Actually its easier to look at my pics from Jesses build thread.
    ive also heard that the jecod pumps don't actually pump as much as they are rated, haileas are closer, but still off a bit., but if 4 can easily be run off 7000, then 3 should be even better
    Hope you get it sorted"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,586 Times

Run 2 smaller pumps?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (31-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times
    Provided Answers: 31

no need, for another pump, It will just add more heat to your res
    that was in a circuit tho. just route the spraybars properly. mine went from pump, to tee, then down both sides of the totes, out the back in a big loop.
    ive also heard that the jecod pumps don't actually pump as much as they are rated, haileas are closer, but still off a bit., but if 4 can easily be run off 7000, then 3 should be even better
    Hope you get it sorted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (31-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    no need, for another pump, It will just add more heat to your res
    Hope you get it sorted
    Cheers bud, I didn't think these pumps pushed what they stated, but these things are whisper quiet, you could hear a gnat fart lol.

Instead of redoing them all, I've got 2 options in mind.

1: Run a flexi pipe from the pipe out of the pump, and run it straight down the sides of the totes and join it up with the last tote, pop a T in the back of it and connect it there.

Or

2: get the big ass version of the pump lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Youll need balancing valves on each bro ,,with seperate feeds off a manifold/header and simple ball valves or globe valves work great , and adjust accodingly . Simple fix . thr way you have it , both tubbs are getting all the floe and by the time it reaches thrid theres no more volume .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (08-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Youll need balancing valves on each bro ,,with seperate feeds off a manifold/header and simple ball valves or globe valves work great , and adjust accodingly . Simple fix . thr way you have it , both tubbs are getting all the floe and by the time it reaches thrid theres no more volume .
    Sorry mate, been busy in the room. Took me 2 weeks between everything else to get it back up and running with some additional mods and add ins.

I managed to sort it. I used an inline tap to reduce the flow before the first spray bar to the last tote. Just ran some pipe that bypassed the first 2 totes and ran it to the last one, equal pressure across all 3 now.

Been let down on some cuts I was promised, so I'm going to get some Black Cherry Punch seeds by In-house Genetics.

Ive still got 4 Gelato cuts that I'm going to put straight into flower in my veg tent to see how they go, was a bagseed but don't want to put all my faith in them as I have no idea if it was self pollination or what.

Can't wait to get up and running again.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (22-03-18), Trex (09-08-17)