Thread: Some noob questions: Hermies, Seeds

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Default Some noob questions: Hermies, Seeds

Hey folkes. Do hermie plants stay hermie, and do their seeds also stay hermie?

In the wild, I mean, do they revert back to males and females, or do they eventually die out themselves, and/or take the population out with them?

Thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Ironman (01-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Hey folkes. Do hermie plants stay hermie, and do their seeds also stay hermie?

In the wild, I mean, do they revert back to males and females, or do they eventually die out themselves, and/or take the population out with them?

Thanks.
    Hermies will stay hermied, they will not be male or female, they have the traits of both male and female.

If a hermied plant is left to grow with female plants, chances are very high that the pollen from the male part of the hermie (known as nanas) will pollinate the female plants. This creates seed pods not hermies.

If the genetics show high turnout of hermies then the likely hood of getting a hermie from the same genetics is very, very high. Almost 100%.

Put it this way, if I get a plant showing nanas I would get it out of the grow room as quickly and carefully as poss. Some people will carefully pick off the nanas but they gold the pollen so if it burst then the pollen is available in the air foe the female which means they will most definatly pollinate, again creating seeds.

No 1 wants to smoke seed.😉

I hope this answers your question.😎

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Monsterdad (01-08-17), Valentina (01-08-17)