Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Any tips and tricks on the ecotechnics

Thanks

Default Any tips and tricks on the ecotechnics

Hello lads I was hoping someone could give me a few tips or advice on the ecotechnics fan controller,it came through the post yesterday and just wanted to know if there's any specifics I should know about setting it up,plus it says to use a RCD safety breaker......never even heard of one 😂 any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swifty89 For This Useful Post:

JB (02-08-17), joker_the_smoker (02-08-17), Oxy (05-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i see you went with it then

1st off go the ecotechnics website and download there extended PDF manual more in it than the booklet that it comes with.

make sure setting OP1 is switched on, other wise wen heater kicks in the fans cut off.., OP0 is the factory setting.

take look this in a old diary near the bottom, has the connectors so you can unplug the fans, heater etc as they wud be wired in the the controller https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-i-hope/page2

the main power lead has a thicker bigger wire than the fan wires, also heater has thicker one to, will come back to you on the cables sizes i used coz cant think off top me head not had a coffee yet ha
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 02-08-17 at 09:16 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

JB (02-08-17), Oxy (05-08-17), Swifty89 (02-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i see you went with it then

1st off go the ecotechnics website and download there extended PDF manual more in it than the booklet that it comes with.

make sure setting OP1 is switched on, other wise wen heater kicks in the fans cut off.., OP0 is the factory setting.

take look this in a old diary near the bottom, has the connectors so you can unplug the fans, heater etc as they wud be wired in the the controller https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-i-hope/page2

the main power lead has a thicker bigger wire than the fan wires, also heater has thicker one to, will come back to you on the cables sizes i used coz cant think off top me head not had a coffee yet ha
    Nice one joker! I'll loominto that mate,wire sizes and stuff is what I need really so I can get it all and get it wired up,I'm pretty shit when it comes to that sort of thing 😂

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swifty89 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (02-08-17), Oxy (05-08-17)

Thanks

3 core cable for all them.

the mains plug lead i used 1.5mm 3 core cable
    the intake and outtake i used 0.75mm 3 core cable
    and heater depending what heat you got with i used 1mm 3 core cable ( heater i have for mine was 12quid b and q one, has 1000w and 2000w setting, i leave it on 1000w i only use this for winter, its unplugged at min with warmer night temps )

the cable sizes are little over kill if am honest but i prefer it that way fans dont even draw half an amp so you could use much smaller cable

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

JB (02-08-17), lipnobody (13-11-17), Swifty89 (02-08-17)

Thanks

Thanks a lot joker that's sound mate I've rained off and now I'm off to b and q for a little shop haha I have a little fan heater will I not be able to take plug off and wire that straight in? Or will I be better off getting a 1mm and changing it? Cheers again mate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Swifty89 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (02-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty89 View Post
    Thanks a lot joker that's sound mate I've rained off and now I'm off to b and q for a little shop haha I have a little fan heater will I not be able to take plug off and wire that straight in? Or will I be better off getting a 1mm and changing it? Cheers again mate

oh yea i replaced the cable on the heater as i wanted it longer so i cud run the cable out of tent to me controller. so rather then try unwire the cable from the back of heater i bought a cable connector so the new wire could be joined to existing cable on the heater

also yeaa i would use the connector for the heater rather than wire it direct in to controller, have look at that pic on diary. if you want i can take pic of the heater later.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Swifty89 (02-08-17)

Thanks

oh yea i replaced the cable on the heater as i wanted it longer so i cud run the cable out of tent to me controller. so rather then try unwire the cable from the back of heater i bought a cable connector so the new wire could be joined to existing cable on the heater

also yeaa i would use the connector for the heater rather than wire it direct in to controller, have look at that pic on diary. if you want i can take pic of the heater later.
    Yea I'll replace the wire on the heater using the connecter aswel mate I'm at b and q now so hopefully I can get them here,I looked at your diary mate and it's a brilliant idea and I've got an idea of what to look for now,cheers buds

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Swifty89 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (02-08-17)

Thanks

Go maplin part number for connectors on on that diary

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Swifty89 (02-08-17)

Thanks

Go maplin part number for connectors on on that diary
    If I can't get them here mate I will do...one more thing it says to connect the u it using a RCD safety breaker.....do you use one? From what I've seen there safety plugs that you plug the unit into like this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty89 View Post
    If I can't get them here mate I will do...one more thing it says to connect the u it using a RCD safety breaker.....do you use one? From what I've seen there safety plugs that you plug the unit into like this

i dont use one tbh, aint since i bought it

no harm in using it though lad

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Swifty89 (02-08-17)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast