Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Any tips and tricks on the ecotechnics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Bit lower i think will need refresh me own memory wen summer goes tbh lol. Memory like fish mate. Heater hys is 0.3 on mine i think with htr set at about 18. U will have play with it wen you setup bro. See wa kicks in an wen etc
    Same as that mate brain like a siv lol wicked mate I'll let ya know how I get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

ive used these over the years and they are great.
    I seem to remember that you shouldn't really go over 2kw on the heater tho (might be wrong, like)
    I never ever used the heater function.
    I wired it in one winter, but the temps never went low enough for it to be needed.
    they are good kit tho, I love em, one of the best grow room purchases you can make imo. and usefull if noise is an issue, just oversize the extract fan, and with the controller it just ticks over most of the time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

lipnobody (13-11-17)

Thanks

Don't use a breaker on it if you get a power cut when leccy comes back on your fans won't untill you reset the breaker

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Good topic guys.
    I am going to introduce those connections so I can easily unplug a fan if I require.

On a side note, I have issues with keeping my humidity up.
    I think the exhaust is just pulling it out of the room. The temps are being controlled well.

I have a 5” exhaust and 4” intake and min/max is setup at 25/80 at the moment.
    Even if I stick a humidifier in there, throw some water in the trays, humidity rises a bit but never gets to desired levels and gets expelled.

I want to have better control over this, would be good to control my fans independently of each other somehow.
    Anyone else faced a similar issue?

My humidity sits at about 40

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by legalizeme View Post
    Good topic guys.
    I am going to introduce those connections so I can easily unplug a fan if I require.

On a side note, I have issues with keeping my humidity up.
    I think the exhaust is just pulling it out of the room. The temps are being controlled well.

I have a 5” exhaust and 4” intake and min/max is setup at 25/80 at the moment.
    Even if I stick a humidifier in there, throw some water in the trays, humidity rises a bit but never gets to desired levels and gets expelled.

I want to have better control over this, would be good to control my fans independently of each other somehow.
    Anyone else faced a similar issue?

My humidity sits at about 40
    Check my diary in my sig, last page posted about an hour ago

Down there at the bottom ↓↓↓↓

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    ive used these over the years and they are great.
    I seem to remember that you shouldn't really go over 2kw on the heater tho (might be wrong, like)
    I never ever used the heater function.
    I wired it in one winter, but the temps never went low enough for it to be needed.
    they are good kit tho, I love em, one of the best grow room purchases you can make imo. and usefull if noise is an issue, just oversize the extract fan, and with the controller it just ticks over most of the time.
    Am I allowed to change my mind?
    good, in that case heres my tip.

-build or buy a variac controller instead.

I bought another ecotechnics after my last 2 were stolen by the filth.
    Now this time I wired my 8 inch intake and 12 inch out take fans into it, and it buzzes and hums like a mother*cker.
    that's odd I thought, I used to run a 8 inch out take no problem, so wired the 8 incher into it as if it was just an out take and the same buzz buzz hum hum .

fkin ecotechnics, you can stick it where the sun don't shine.....
    So im going back to variacs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

AND (01-07-18)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7