Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 125w CFLs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (02-08-17), Grimoire (21-02-18), JB (02-08-17), joker_the_smoker (02-08-17), M_C (02-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vlad100 View Post
    Hello dear friends,
    I am preparing for my 2nd grow, after first one go really bad... maybe because i gave it bio nova from the beggining maybe the light... maybe the ph level which i did not checked and now i know it too high and i need to low it.

But here we are gonna talk about my cfls:
    https://anonimag.es/image/JT9s4K4
    https://anonimag.es/image/JT9s4K6
    Its half in Hebrew half in English but i think it is fine for the grow time 2 of that cfls:
    https://anonimag.es/image/JT9s4KE
    that was my fist bad luck grow setup, it is fine? what tips can you gave me for grow with 2 cfls 125w each?
    I wish i will go through the way and get it flower, what cfls should i buy for the flower time ? same 125w or 120w 2-3 bulbs are enough ? what do you think ?
    Yesterday i got me 3 auto seeds 1 amnezia haze and 2 cookies kush so the next grows will be auto and only 1 plant maybe in the next grow i will put 2 plants but for now only 1 plant under the lights.
    What would you tell?

The grow is in Israel by the way
    I would mount the cfl sideways also they are more effective and maybe a reflective hood you could build a cheap one 😊

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

We need a sticky thread explaining that CFL is not cheaper than HPS etc. I see 9/10 users choose CFL because electricity is somehow "cheaper" where as all your getting is less lumens and heat, nothing else.
    Edit: Infact it probably costs more in the long run buying those self ballast bulbs for like 30-40
    Last edited by Admiral; 20-08-17 at 02:36 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

M_C (20-08-17)

Thanks

I'm curious to see how much it is to buy a 250 W Hps set up vs a 250 W CFL set up and how long they will last compared to each other and etc.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by KYS View Post
    I'm curious to see how much it is to buy a 250 W Hps set up vs a 250 W CFL set up and how long they will last compared to each other and etc.
    doesnt matter, the hps will out perform the cfl hands down. so i know which i would rather use ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

The Lost Soul (26-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KYS View Post
    250w hps + ballast (digital)= £80-hundreds if you want.

250cfl + cable with fitting on the end = £50+

Still need some sort of reflector £20 upwards.

Any decent company will tell you the cfl will only omit its best light for six months. After that the light works but has burned out the internal gases to produce best light spectrum for growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wasted1 For This Useful Post:

MrC (19-10-19), M_C (25-10-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2