Thread: 2.4m2 / 24sqf of growing space to utilize

Thanks

Default 2.4m2 / 24sqf of growing space to utilize

Hi people , been a while since i've been on this 10+ years! Had a few grows in between and picked up a lot of good knowledge on the way as well as picking up a tonne of info on thc but i'm back for a more serious grow and would appreciate some more experienced opinions on how to best utilize the space i have available. Specifically its a 2x1.2x2 tent that i will be using. Any suggestions from the pro's how to maximize this space? Looking to start making purchases ASAP and get this show on the road. Thanks,

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Zanderdmp View Post
    Hi people , been a while since i've been on this 10+ years!
    The system says that you joined last month... but welcome along anyway
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (02-08-17)

Thanks

Hi M_C yes i've no idea of my old login/email so made a new account and been having a browse on here the past couple weeks for a refresh.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Hi M_C yes i've no idea of my old login/email so made a new account and been having a browse on here the past couple weeks for a refresh.
    PM me what you can remember & I'll take a look for you... always nice to have original accounts back

Thanks

PM sent cheers mate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanderdmp For This Useful Post:

M_C (02-08-17)

Thanks

Sorry more info..... Ii have a few grows under my belt and looking to maximize my 2x1.2x2 tent. Looking at a possibility of doing a scrog in canna coco pro with a+b and pk 13/4. Not had a grow in a while and no clones available so would be buying a 10 pack of feminised and taking a clone of the best of the bunch and keep as a mother in a separate smaller grow space with sufficient lighting and ventilation. The strain yet to be decided.. I usually veg with a firstly 300/600w CFL for a week or 2 then 400w mh then flower with 600w hps power plant but with this extra grow space I've no idea what would be over kill in that space for a scrog, filling the whole space.... 3 x 600w air hoods? Or 2 x 80cm vertical bulb parabolics with a fan on the canopy. I have 2x air cooled powerplants atm but I've read about how good parabolics are especially the vertical bulb version for dispersing heat sideways and upwards. I'd need to upgrade my fans as I've got a 4" and 5" rvk used for a much smaller grow. I have two variac speed controllers. For extraction I'm thinking a 12" rvk, box and insulate it of course and run it at maybe speed 1 or 2 (20/40%) anyone shed any light on running a 12" fan at a lower speed? Mainly for noise reduction. Intake I'm not sure 5" or 6" I've got a 5" already... Any thoughts on anything so far? My eyes are going together as I write this so will leave it at that for now... Any thoughts, suggestions or changes so far are most welcome as I only have experience with small grows . I'm open to all suggestions.... I'm a rookie really... Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

I find with a box fan at that low speed it is hard to tell if it's even on. At that's what mine is like, I'll give you a heads up though, they don't like lots of turns in the ducting, and if you need to turn I'd recommend using 90' elbows, check out my current grow and you'll see how any turn I make is with solid piping.
    You could fit 3 lights in that space, and massive extraction would help you cool it. I use 2x 600w in that space in two magnum xxxl air cooled hoods, I find the results very reasonable.

It'll always recommend a scrog to utilise as much of the light as possible, I hate lighting the floor, that does me no good.

If you do go for a scrog, look at automatic watering system, they'll make life easy. I've used autopots to great effect, a few guys on here using a dripper system that looks fantastic, but anything that can save you crawling on your knees under the net to water each pot is a good idea.

Oh for your coco, I'd look at a 60/40 coco/perlite mix, much better media than straight coco.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    I find with a box fan at that low speed it is hard to tell if it's even on. At that's what mine is like, I'll give you a heads up though, they don't like lots of turns in the ducting, and if you need to turn I'd recommend using 90' elbows, check out my current grow and you'll see how any turn I make is with solid piping.
    You could fit 3 lights in that space, and massive extraction would help you cool it. I use 2x 600w in that space in two magnum xxxl air cooled hoods, I find the results very reasonable.

It'll always recommend a scrog to utilise as much of the light as possible, I hate lighting the floor, that does me no good.

If you do go for a scrog, look at automatic watering system, they'll make life easy. I've used autopots to great effect, a few guys on here using a dripper system that looks fantastic, but anything that can save you crawling on your knees under the net to water each pot is a good idea.

Oh for your coco, I'd look at a 60/40 coco/perlite mix, much better media than straight coco.
    so you reckon a 12" at 20% wouldn't have sufficient sucking power? you reckon maybe a 10" at 40% would have sufficient sucking power? appreciate the tip on the ducting elbows. yeh leaning towards 3 600's with the powerplant cool hoods. i prefer the smaller footprint of the smaller shades for me the magnum xxxl seems a bit long mate again just personal preference.

yeh scrog was on my mind, ive never done a scrog just a few plants grown normally but im aware of the better quality of bud and yield with having an even canopy. im thinking to utilize that amount of space with a true scrog would take a looooong veg time. if i do more plants to reduce the veg time it defeats the purpose of a scrog right? if i have more plants and top and lst then i can get an even canopy like a scrog but with a lot less veg time? is that just as beneficial as a scrog or has a scrog got more benefits that im overseeing...

i'll have a read up on the coco perlite mix just now cheers buddy for the advice much appreciated.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

so you reckon a 12" at 20% wouldn't have sufficient sucking power? you reckon maybe a 10" at 40% would have sufficient sucking power? appreciate the tip on the ducting elbows. yeh leaning towards 3 600's with the powerplant cool hoods. i prefer the smaller footprint of the smaller shades for me the magnum xxxl seems a bit long mate again just personal preference.

yeh scrog was on my mind, ive never done a scrog just a few plants grown normally but im aware of the better quality of bud and yield with having an even canopy. im thinking to utilize that amount of space with a true scrog would take a looooong veg time. if i do more plants to reduce the veg time it defeats the purpose of a scrog right? if i have more plants and top and lst then i can get an even canopy like a scrog but with a lot less veg time? is that just as beneficial as a scrog or has a scrog got more benefits that im overseeing...

i'll have a read up on the coco perlite mix just now cheers buddy for the advice much appreciated.
    yup, i mean it still pulls, but its a very small amount, i keep mine at minimum 40% otherwise I lose negative pressure as the inline fan on the intake just steps down normally and I have a twisty extraction path unfortunately.

you got the scrog thing on the head, it is a longer veg time, and more plants would fill the canopy quicker, my real preference to only use 4 plants at a time is so that even when im vegging the babies at the back end of the last grows flower I only have 8 plants maximum in the house, if you see what i mean, 4 in veg room waiting for 4 to finish in flower room

100% agree on the length of the xxxl hoods, makes tight spaces a nightmare, but i just love the spread! haha, they've nearly cost me my sanity a coupl of time trying to fit them in!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

dynodave (03-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    yup, i mean it still pulls, but its a very small amount, i keep mine at minimum 40% otherwise I lose negative pressure as the inline fan on the intake just steps down normally and I have a twisty extraction path unfortunately.

you got the scrog thing on the head, it is a longer veg time, and more plants would fill the canopy quicker, my real preference to only use 4 plants at a time is so that even when im vegging the babies at the back end of the last grows flower I only have 8 plants maximum in the house, if you see what i mean, 4 in veg room waiting for 4 to finish in flower room

100% agree on the length of the xxxl hoods, makes tight spaces a nightmare, but i just love the spread! haha, they've nearly cost me my sanity a coupl of time trying to fit them in!
    right mate i'll maybe go for the 10" and see how we go i know the guy in the shop reasonably well so maybe if i take my variac up he'll let me have a blast of it in the shop lol the shy kids get fuck all right lol thats a good bit of advice tho mate appreciated.

yeh thats a good way to go 4 waiting but presumably when your flowering finishes you move the lights into the other tent that your plants have been vegging filling out the screen?

im actually contemplating doing a 8 plant top and lst so i have a nice even canopy'ish would this give me similar results to the scrog? probably not as uniform of a canopy though or is there more to a scrog than just having the even canopy?

yeh the xxxl hood i was debating but decided the spread was so big and that would cause the light to loose so much before it actually beams onto my plants? was just a theory i didnt do much research on it. i like the look of the vertical bulb parabolics tho alot of people swear by them. think i'll stick with the powerplant air cools i have just now. whats your thought on the spread of the xxxls and the loss of lumens over the big spread mate?