Thread: Can I use this light for the start of my seeds?

Thanks

Default Can I use this light for the start of my seeds?

I was wondering if using my 250w hps is Ok to run for my seeds when I plant them as I was planning on running it 24 hours until the seed gets a few inches and change to 18/6, but I don't know if 250w will be too much for the seed at the start of the grow.
    I have cfl, but really weak 100w and would prefer to just use the 250w hps that is set up if possible. I appreciate any advice on this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uk_Weed For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (03-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Yea mate you can but havin right distance is important even more so early on last thing you want to do is frazzle it.
    You using open barn reflector also?

This will also come in handy to https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...stance-Chart-s

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Uk_Weed (03-08-17), Valentina (03-08-17)

Thanks

Yes matey open barn reflector.
    I will have to keep an eye out for the distance, but good to know I can use that light without harming it if the distance is correct, cheers Joker.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uk_Weed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uk_Weed View Post
    Yes matey open barn reflector.
    I will have to keep an eye out for the distance, but good to know I can use that light without harming it if the distance is correct, cheers Joker.
    Back of hand test . if feels like it burnin hand with it level of seedling after 10secs then it no good. If it ok an dont feel to intense i wud still move it up slighty just at the seedling stage.
    Keep eye on it also. Have small fan gentle blowin across it to

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (03-08-17), Uk_Weed (03-08-17)

Thanks

Arrow

I was wondering if using my 250w hps is Ok to run for my seeds when I plant them as I was planning on running it 24 hours until the seed gets a few inches and change to 18/6, but I don't know if 250w will be too much for the seed at the start of the grow.
    I have cfl, but really weak 100w and would prefer to just use the 250w hps that is set up if possible. I appreciate any advice on this.
    You can start seeds under your 250w no problem! I have started seeds under a 1000w MH with no problems. If you think about it, seeds in nature can start in full sunlight, which is much more powerful than your 250, my 1000w, and the rest of the lights I own put together. It's what the seedlings are used to, and thats all they know. However, you want to keep the hood raised up quite a bit at first so they don't burn. I can't give you an exact distance since our lights differ so much in intensity, what works for mine may be too far for yours.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice Joker.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Uk_Weed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Saint, yeah that is true. I will just need to watch the distance. Appreciate all the advice Joker, Saint.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Saint, yeah that is true. I will just need to watch the distance. Appreciate all the advice Joker, Saint.
    250 be plenty to start with mukka. Babys can only use x amout of the light wen they young anyway so any bigger would be waste of leccy tbh

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Uk_Weed (03-08-17), Valentina (03-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

I only have a 250w HPS... everything goes straight under it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (03-08-17), Uk_Weed (03-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,179 Times

Same here. My girls sprout under a 600w hps. Keeps the soil at ideal temps for germination too.

Had 9 pop in 2 days from going in the soil.

Sent from Compton

Ez DuZ iT

Shout out to the Boss Man Erburt!
    [CENTER] "Lol if you aint got a shitty plant once in a while you ain't growing"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to EaZiE For This Useful Post:

M_C (03-08-17)