Thread: Grow box newbie ----- auto daiquiri lime

Thanks

Smile Grow box newbie ----- auto daiquiri lime

Hey!
    so ive been building my grow box with the time i have off work & its coming together nicely
    Just here for some tips as im new to growing and all ill be trying is one daiquiri lime plant for my first time! i really want it to thrive :P

The setup im going for is a 300w mars hydro for a 3ft - 2.5 - 6.5ft mdf reflective lined box (random dimensions because it fit well due to my 'stealth' growing) a outside vent ive installed at the back of it. I have a temp and humidity tester so i have a idea of how to keep the temps just right (remember im completely new to this)

My 50L bag of Canna terra pro soil mix has arrived alone with my 20L fabric pot (RootNurse). Order and received the Auto daiquiri lime seed from dutch passion aswel
    all i need to do is set my light up and tamper with the environment to get the conditions perfect for growing. (hopefully) Then i think ill be germinating it and away we go!

I've done my research but this is purely a trail run out of interest! but of course id love it to go well! Was i right in going with the pre mixed soil? save me messing with nutes more & possibly messing up? If anyone knows any info on some flowering nutrients or any additional nutrients ill need please inform me that'd be helpful!

Im not to worried about smell as its out the way
    ill be using 2 6w fans on either sides of the wall about 3-4ft high, so i get plenty of ventilation around my plant :P
    also got my timer socket ready for the time schedule think ill be doing 20 on 4 off maybe? not to sure will look into it more.

Let me know what you think guys! Only my second post so take it easy on me but you guys seem great so
    Any tips would be great, probably have it finished Saturday, well excited to grow my first!

Peace&Love guys! Alex

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedRoots For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (03-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (03-08-17), TwistedRoots (03-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,179 Times

Awesome mate you must be hella excited.

The soil is fine I have read plenty of grows with it and it comes recommended by some of my mates.

I'd always recommend adding 20% perlite to any soil to aid drainage and oxygen supply to the roots.

As far as nutes go, I'm a huge fan of the Plant Magic Oldtimers range. You may not need any grow with pre-loaded soil. You will need bloom in flower though. Root stims can also be beneficial early on.

The last point that I will strongly make is that I cannot reccomend growing without a carbon filter. It's jailbait mate and I urge you to reconsider at the slightest security risk.

Tang Peng is a bit of an auto guru round here. I believe he has grown this strain. Have a search for the diary I'm sure it will benefit you.

Atb with the grow homie 👊😎

Sent from Compton
    Last edited by EaZiE; 03-08-17 at 04:18 PM.

Ez DuZ iT

Shout out to the Boss Man Erburt!
    [CENTER] "Lol if you aint got a shitty plant once in a while you ain't growing"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EaZiE For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (03-08-17), TwistedRoots (03-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EaZiE View Post
    Awesome mate you must be hella excited.

The soil is fine I have read plenty of grows with it and it comes recommended by some of my mates.

I'd always recommend adding 20% perlite to any soil to aid drainage and oxygen supply to the roots.

As far as nutes go, I'm a huge fan of the Plant Magic Oldtimers range. You may not need any grow with pre-loaded soil. You will need bloom in flower though. Root stims can also be beneficial early on.

The last point that I will strongly make is that I cannot reccomend growing without a carbon filter. It's jailbait mate and I urge you to reconsider at the slightest security risk.

Tang Peng is a bit of an auto guru round here. I believe he has grown this strain. Have a search for the diary I'm sure it will benefit you.

Atb with the grow homie 

Sent from Compton
    Some useful info there buddy! Much appreciated Ive just looked at carbon filters and the price is decent so ill be ordering one for NDD so itll be here saturday You think a 4" will be okay for my space?
    Thanks again, Alex

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedRoots For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (03-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

(Grimsby hydro)gardeners corner
    Cheap stuff I was shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dynodave For This Useful Post:

TwistedRoots (03-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dynodave View Post
    (Grimsby hydro)gardeners corner
    Cheap stuff I was shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude, been looking at a 4" for £47 on ebay, think that will sort it?