Thread: Need some light cycle advice, first indoor LED grow

Thanks

Default Need some light cycle advice, first indoor LED grow

Hi guys, new to growing and on my first indoor grow.
    The plants ive got in the indoor tent are under 1000w leds n are photos aulthough was lead to believe were autos. im 4 weeks from first leaves, ive got some autos germinated and about ready to plant. current light schedule is 20/4 for the photos, if i swtich it to like 16/8 or 18/6, is that enough darkness to flower the photos and enough light to make sure i get a nice yeild with the autos at the same time. heard that photos need stricly 12hrs of darkness to flower but thought coz ive been given them so much light that the difference will be enough to flower them. Im a neewbie, first time (real) gro but i need strains that treat my epilepsy, while at the same time obv enjoying my medicine.

All love,
    Zafron

Thanks

Photoperiod plants need 12 hours of darkness to flower, it's a hormone thing, the only way I've heard of 'tricking' your plants is with a far-red flower initiator LED, but you still need more than 8 hours of darkness IMHO

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response,
    feared that was the case, will the autos do alright with 12/12 tho?

Zaf

hoffmans2k Guest

yeah your autos wil;l be fine but with autos the more light the more bud you get if all is ok

Thanks

You'll need to go 12/12 to get those photos flowering, and for the autos I recommend 20/4 the whole way through.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GrowGreen420 For This Useful Post:

Valentina (27-08-17)