Thread: What to do? Temperatures too high? Extraction or something else?

Thanks

Default What to do? Temperatures too high? Extraction or something else?

Alright fellas. Bit fed up at the moment, I've had a good few grows under a 600w but thought this time round I'd do a proper room and have another 600w in there as well, hoping to cut down on the amount of grows I have to do a year.

So the best part of £600 down on materials, insulation, ballast, bulb and upgraded extraction etc and a couple of weeks to built and kit out here I am.

A nice 2.4 x 1.2 x 2.5m room with 18mm MDF boards either side of 50mm Rockwool sound insulation slabs. Acoustic thermal insulation underlay on the floor. Walls painted matt white.

I've got 2x 600w HPS bulbs, each one under a parabolic reflector, with 2 16" oscillating fans aimed at the light above the canopy.

4 plants under each 600w.

I have an RVK 8" A1 on full whack with 3m of Phonic Trap ducting between fan and Rhino Pro 8" A1 filter.

The thing is my temperatures are around 29-30 degrees. That's with the ambient room temperature at around 20 degrees. Humidity is non existent even with a humidifier running full whack so I'm having to go in every hour and give them a misting with a spray bottle.

I have passive intakes, 2 squares at around 10" x 10". The thing is I've tried opening the growroom door for more air to come in and it doesn't make a noticeable difference, half a degree at most, so that to me says the passive intakes are sufficient as they are, and an active intake wouldn't have much of an effect.

Also it seems counter productive spending a huge whack on insulation etc and then sticking another fan in the room itself, I think I'm probably pushing my luck with regards to noise to neighbours as it is. Appreciate you can box them in / run them on controllers etc but let's be honest you still know they're there.

Don't know where to go from here. I can't afford to purchase another fan and filter and to go back down to the 1 light / half space, it means the £600 spent already will have been a complete waste of time.

Just pissed off and needed to vent!

How much hotter would you expect your grow tents / rooms to run above room temperature with say 1200w?

1st Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    2nd Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    3rd Grow - 4x Incredible Bulk & 1x Delicious Candy
    4th Grow - Incredible Bulk, Delicious Candy & Pakistan Valley
    5th Grow - 1200w 8 Plants Multistrain

Thanks

I'm venting out the room into the loft, and ballasts are also in the loft out the way.

Thanks

30° is cool man, ambient temp here is like 30 during day atm, ladies are at 34° with light on in tent but they are looking great. I think they will be fine as long as you have plenty of air movement to pull in CO². Humidity coud be a problem though, i have the exact opposite, I have to leave my tent door slightly open with dehumidifier sat in the gap, this method works fine but without it they get up to like 80% pretty quick.
    Last edited by noob12345; 07-08-17 at 01:20 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to noob12345 For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (07-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

are you in veg or flower? if still in veg, why don't you take the filter off and suck out more air, put filter back on in flower when outside temps have come down.

"this species has amused itself to death"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

autobox (09-08-17), EaZiE (08-08-17)

Thanks

I'm in veg mate, about 3 weeks in so there's a bit of smell coming through now...

Thanks

Have you thought about using c02 enhancers?? Plants can thrive in hotter temperatures with added c02. I have to have my 6 inch black orchid extractor fan directly connected to a cool hood to get my temps down usually dont reach over 81f with a 600w hps this way. Am only in 1.2mx1.2m

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KushKing228 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As long as you have lots of air movement your ok. I get up to 33-34°c on hot day, lots of air movement should supply the co2 needed to get away with the extra heat

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Oops ignore that. just realised I've already replied to this lol.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk