Thread: Do Rhino Pro's Go Bad after sitting for a while?

Thanks

Default Do Rhino Pro's Go Bad after sitting for a while?

Hows it going? So after a security issue about 6 months back, I shut down and broke down tent, lights, extraction and packed away. Heat off me now but I've set everything up again and got extraction running and stuck an incense stick in the tent with extraction running. Sat downstairs for a while and can smell it in living room after 30 minute run (extract to upstairs landing at top of stairs).

1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 Tent, 6" Ruck Fan (High Output) with Rhino Pro (150 x 600, 900m3/h).

Fan is on a voltage stepper with 5 settings (20% a step) so running on 40% at the moment but smell of incense stick is getting through.

Filter is straight onto fan with duct tape then a fast clamp, same with ducting coming out other side of fan.

Any ideas how long filter normally lasts as I've done 3 grows with it at 80-90 day runs each grow? Also, it's been sitting in cupboard "up on its end" for a few months, has the carbon moved to one end of filter or something?

Also, anyone tried the Rhino hobby filters. I know they only last a couple of grows but that would suit if they keep smell gone for 6 months?

Any help, cheers.
    Last edited by tlh2496; 07-08-17 at 06:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

It should still be fine... was it stored in a humid environment?

...but, if in doubt, change the filter!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), tlh2496 (07-08-17)

Thanks

Not to my knowlege M_C. Was just in the upstairs cupboard but humidity overall in the house is around 70-80 according to hygrometer. Has the humidity ruined it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

70-80% would be classed as high humidity

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

OK, thanks for the help, appreciated. Looks like I'll go grab a Hobby filter, better new filter that the regionals. Thanks again )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

I'm sure some have tried putting the filter in the oven to dry it... have a search & a play mate, what's the worst that could happen?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), tlh2496 (07-08-17)

Thanks

yes, true. nothing to lose trying it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), M_C (07-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tlh2496 View Post
    Hows it going? So after a security issue about 6 months back, I shut down and broke down tent, lights, extraction and packed away. Heat off me now but I've set everything up again and got extraction running and stuck an incense stick in the tent with extraction running. Sat downstairs for a while and can smell it in living room after 30 minute run (extract to upstairs landing at top of stairs).

1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 Tent, 6" Ruck Fan (High Output) with Rhino Pro (150 x 600, 900m3/h).

Fan is on a voltage stepper with 5 settings (20% a step) so running on 40% at the moment but smell of incense stick is getting through.

Filter is straight onto fan with duct tape then a fast clamp, same with ducting coming out other side of fan.

Any ideas how long filter normally lasts as I've done 3 grows with it at 80-90 day runs each grow? Also, it's been sitting in cupboard "up on its end" for a few months, has the carbon moved to one end of filter or something?

Also, anyone tried the Rhino hobby filters. I know they only last a couple of grows but that would suit if they keep smell gone for 6 months?

Any help, cheers.
    I get this with a 8 inch pro 600mm. Running with a 6" high rvk myself. I have a variac and when i run it on half smell will start to escape Your issue is most likely not passing enough air though the filter maybe. Or its as mc says high humidity. Good luck fella.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I'm sure some have tried putting the filter in the oven to dry it... have a search & a play mate, what's the worst that could happen?
    Lol a 4 inch a1 filter maybe but try fitting 6" L1 in the oven haha be interesting to watch.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Lol a 4 inch a1 filter maybe but try fitting 6" L1 in the oven haha be interesting to watch.
    I have a 5" Rhino pro, it would fit in my oven easily... and I'd still be able to leave a shelf in for pizza - you need a bigger oven Bulls

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), British green (09-08-17)