Thread: Question for shed growers

Thanks

Default Question for shed growers

Hi, I'm currently building a small grow room in my shed that I will be putting a tent in. The sheds sitting on bits of wood so it's raised off of the ground a few inches. I'm planning on venting the floor of the room for my intake. Don't want any vents visible on the outside of shed. Can I run my exhaust back out the top of the tent back down through the floor or is that a bad idea?? What do you guys do, I'm only running a 250 with a 4 inch fan. Thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slimblue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (08-08-17), GEORGE (10-08-17), Northern (18-08-17), potanist01 (08-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

You could do as I'd think the floor will have 2 sections having a beam in the middle
    So as long as you take in from one side an exhaust out the other no air will be mixed.

Make sure you have stockings or tights on the end of both to keep the critters from
    Coming in.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (09-08-17), GEORGE (10-08-17), Ironman (08-08-17), Northern (18-08-17), potanist01 (08-08-17), Slimblue (08-08-17)

Viz Guest

Very good advice from Erburt. I grow in a shed and I vent out a dummy Xpelair fitting I cut into the top of the one wall just under the eve. It looks legit and is actually a vent...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-08-17), Northern (18-08-17), potanist01 (08-08-17), Slimblue (08-08-17)

Thanks

Cheers guys yes your right didn't think of that erbert the beams separate each bit I'd be venting into and from so should work out ok. I've got some vents with fine fly screens in them to put in the holes on bottom of shed so should be alright for the critters. Cheers

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slimblue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (08-08-17), GEORGE (10-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I grow in shed/outbuilding. Intake cold air from the outside and vent to the inside of the shed from the tent/room. Lovely warm shed to work in rather than waste the heat.

I also drilled holes in the shed floor and drain waste onto the soil beneath the shed.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

Thanks

Mate

Just throwing it out there but go for wire mesh as larger rodents will no doubt want to set up home in your tent and shed and they love coming from the base as they treat it as a shelter and home, you don't want those burgers getting in had the clear many a rat from under my shed when the cat signalled !

Just a thought