Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UK Mentor - First Time Grower!

Thanks

Default UK Mentor - First Time Grower!

So hey guys, I've been here for a few days now and the help I have received has been amazing... Thank you all for welcoming me into the community, but now I am trying to get into the nitty gritty parts of growing all of the hard details...

I am looking for a mentor, plain and simple. I'd love to get a mentor who is UK based mainly just so I can get to talk to them about problems I may be having and sort them quicker and stuff ? And mainly because of law and others.
    I am just looking for someone who is experienced in growing, I'll leave a list of my set-up to be in the next couple of days.

VIPARSPECTRA 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Veg Bloom Indoor - LED Light

4 Inch Inline Fan and Carbon Filter 100mm.

Secret Jardin DS60 60x60x150cm Tent

So I need help with the location of me growing (I am growing outside in a shed, so i need to know if running a simple extention cord with no cuts in the wire outside will suit ?)
    I also need to know if running my LED light outside and my inline fan sucking air out the top of the tent into the carbon filter (ducting at the top flap of tent coming out connecting to the inline fan and then connecting to carbon filter so hot air being sucked out top of tent into the carbon filter.) I need to know if running all of these together will make a lot of noise? I am very paraniod about choppers and general flir Sound and Heat is my only issue now. I read some reviews about my lights and they are saying they can reach upto 83f and I heard someone say in the UK they can ask to search if they see over 81f ? Am I in trouble of being seen by choppers if my tent is inside my wooden shed with a tarp roof ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

BongJovi (09-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Police aren't looking for a 300w grow, but the question about running a wire with no cuts frightens me, no wires should be seen, note 100% should it have cuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    Police aren't looking for a 300w grow, but the question about running a wire with no cuts frightens me, no wires should be seen, note 100% should it have cuts

A 300W LED light and a 4' inline fan in a wooden shed outside - I am very very worried about this. Like am paraniod as fuck! man ! So will they be able to see it or not ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteceAOC View Post
    A 300W LED light and a 4' inline fan in a wooden shed outside - I am very very worried about this. Like am paraniod as fuck! man ! So will they be able to see it or not ?
    Mate I grow in a cellar that's underground and north facing cold damp bud rot environment, but if I had the space regardlesss I would damp proof and insulate the thing to death and grow top shelf.
    Put the work in and you can make it happen

Thanks

The question is not will they see it, the question is am I will

Thanks

Ing to hide it wnough

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    Ing to hide it wnough

How do you hide it more then man ?

Thanks

Well if you hide it so you don't know where it is the how would anybody else know.

I know a few U.K. Guerilla growers and it's top notch goods, but that's all I know.

Understand the why where and how are the key to the secret

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

I don't know why you're worrying about the heat from a 300w LED - Some PC's probably kick out more heat

You're going to probably need a heater in there as it gets colder. Potentially a dehumidifier, depending on how good your shed is really. Even then, I definitely wouldn't worry about flir. Smell leaks & the grass are your real enemy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

M_C (09-08-17)

Thanks

I have that exact same LED ..the Viparspectra 300w and it gives of very little heat. I've got a couple of CFLs in my tent just to boost the temps when I need to, even in summer You have little need to worry about it. There's probably people with greenhouse heaters all over the neighbourhood kicking out more heat than that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast