Hey guys, Im currently using a t8 set-up combined with some cfls, and its just not cutting it. A month into the grow and I can alrdy see its just not whats Im looking for.

I've looked around, and want to turn my current CFL/Flouro SOIL grow, Into a MH/HPS hydroponics grow.

First I need to find the light. Because I am using my closet until I find a adequate dresser or tent, I NEED to get a air cooled reflector.

I have one plant now almost a month old and I want to take a cutting in the next month or so to plant into home made DWC hydroponics system.

I want to take atleast 4 cutting from this plant to place into a hydro DWC grow under a 250 or 400 watt MH/HPS conversion light. I want to expand to a max 6 plant scrog that is why I am leaning more towards 400 watt.

First does anyone know where I can find a cheap AIR cooled 400 watt reflector and electronic ballast?
I found some on ebay running 250-300 including shipping, wich isnt bad but just wondering if I can grab a reflector from one source for around $80, and the ballast at another for $100 and I can grab the bulbs myself?

I want to use this light in both stages so I need a MH/HPS ballast.

Maybe does someone know how to make my own air cooled reflector or a link to where it shows you how? This could cut the cost substantially. I got the idea down, but curious of where the bulb screws into the socket, then the ballast, what type of cord/socket do I need for this wattage?