Thread: LED Lighting Help?

Thanks

Default LED Lighting Help?

So I am here to ask about LED Lighting. First of all let me tell you what size my growing tent is. Secret Jardin DS60 - It's 60x60x150cm.

So I am trying to find out if I should pick the 300W or 450W version of the VIPARSPECTRA. I'll post the product dimensions below, you'll be able to see the product specifications. I am using my tent for a single plant maybe two in the future.

1. If I get the 450W will it make my tent hot ? Or any hotter than the 300W version?

2. Will the 450 and the 300W affect yields ? Is it worth me getting the 450W over the 300W ? Will I see the difference?

3. I will most likely growing outside, in a large wooden shed. I am in a country which is illegal to grow weed. I need to keep my heat and sound profile down. What heat will this output at full power, and will/can it be seen via flir ? I am using a 4" inline fan and carbon filter setup also at the top flap of my grow tent to stop all smells.

4. Possible UK Mentor add me on Whatsapp or Facebook so I can ask about topping or video call to ask directions on topping please lol ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9c0789c11f2e778e60fe8b5416b07ce4.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	349569

Name:	hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	349571

Name:	20729351_2099839533374946_3367867382763351430_n.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	349570

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-17)

Thanks

Update ***

If temperature is going to be an issue with the 450W then please tell me, I am either going to grow outside in my shed, or in my room. Either way I can NOT have my tent flaps or door open due to odour.

If yielding is going to be better but a fan or bottom flap needs to be open please let me know, please paint the picture of how close to the bar I'll be on the "FUCK THIS IS GONNA BE BAD" mark. I am a very very novice grower and literal as fuck. lol sorry guys peace love you all

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-17)

Bulls Guest

Hello Stece. Please read the forum rules. You can use the mentor section to look for mentor but you can't ask for personal details.

300w in a 0.6 tent should be plenty. Bare in mind that some leds require at least 30 inches from top of he plant so you will have to be very carefuwith training. I am not familiar what heat output the viperspectra has but I doubt it will show on thermal camera. You are saying that you will grow in a shed. Is it well insulated? Not sure which county you live but running a LED in a shed can be tricky depending on the ambient temperature.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (11-08-17), GEORGE (11-08-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Hello Stece. Please read the forum rules. You can use the mentor section to look for mentor but you can't ask for personal details.

300w in a 0.6 tent should be plenty. Bare in mind that some leds require at least 30 inches from top of he plant so you will have to be very carefuwith training. I am not familiar what heat output the viperspectra has but I doubt it will show on thermal camera. You are saying that you will grow in a shed. Is it well insulated? Not sure which county you live but running a LED in a shed can be tricky depending on the ambient temperature.
    300w won't be the real draw. More likely to be around 120w at a guess.

I am using a Mars 400w (real draw around 200w) and my plants are about 5-6 inches away from the canopy. It's a trial and error type of thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Your mental asking people to add you on stuff mate.
    We don't advise doing that at all for obvious (I hope) reasons.
    Which is why the rules state that.
    We're a good bunch on here but safety is paramount!
    As bulls said ask for a mentor in the mentor section if you need help.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-17)