Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too risky to use HPS?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Default Too risky to use HPS?

Hey, I grow in my attic and currently using 900w LEDs but really want to give HPS a go. Only reservation I have is in terms of security. Is a 600w HPS gonna be visible to "copper choppers" flying overhead?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

Glynne (12-08-17)

Bulls Guest

Lot of us use 600w hps in attics. As long as you are in tent and have good air movement and air exchange you will be good as gold

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Glynne (12-08-17), KushKing228 (12-08-17), Missy (13-08-17), M_C (12-08-17), redisiel (12-08-17)

Thanks

Mmmm air exchange isnt the best. Using a self built room that's 3x2ft with the door of it kept half open and a fan blowing in from the gap in the door. It's the only way to keep my temps at 25oC.

Will be the same with HPS.

Guess I'll see what my yeild is like from this grow and if I'm getting 1oz or more from each plant I'll stick with the LED's for now.

Bulls Guest

What kind of extraction and filter you got?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

Only aiming at an ounce per plant with a 900w LED? How many plants are under it?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Missy (15-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Only aiming at an ounce per plant with a 900w LED? How many plants are under it?
    3x Northern lights auto and about to be 3 seedlings addes (had a few dud seeds that the seller is posting out replacements for)

Have only ever grown 2 at a time under a 300w Mars LED before and best I got with my newbie skills was 23g off one plant.

I say aiming for meaning I'm hoping for 1oz per plant and anything else would be a bonus.

Messed up loads with 1st 2 grows under the 300w but added a 600w and NOT making stupid mistakes this time (apart from assuming the stems would bend as easily as my last plants and snapping off the top 3 nodes worth of growth from 2 main stems on 2 of my Northern lights!)

Harvested WAY too early before too. Not this time though!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

M_C (15-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Never heard of a cam that detects certain light bulbs before. It's the heat they look for. I doubt they'd knock on my door because a section of the room is 3-4℃ hotter than the rest

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Valentina (18-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Blunt View Post
    Never heard of a cam that detects certain light bulbs before. It's the heat they look for. I doubt they'd knock on my door because a section of the room is 3-4℃ hotter than the rest
    FLIR - Forward Looking Infra Red... it is a heat source camera

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BB (15-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    FLIR - Forward Looking Infra Red... it is a heat source camera
    So was I correct in saying it's the heat source and not the item used. Can't see why HPS would give you away compared to CFL, MH, LED unless you had heat problems that show up on the cam.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Monsterdad (15-08-17)

Bulls Guest

I've gor a big fan blowing directly over the bulb so the heat can be spread evenly arouns the tent and more easily sucked by the fan.
    HPS will give you away because it generates much more heat than the others and creates a hotspot which can be easily detected if you are in an open space . Bare in mind nobody is going to waste time looking for a single 600 hps

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Admiral (15-08-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast