Thread: Nutrient Questons

Thanks

Default Nutrient Questons

Got a couple of autos in soil in 11L pots. 15 days into flowering under a 250W HPS.
    I'm using Shogun Samurai Bloom, recommended dosage 4ml/L. I'm giving them 2.5ml/L and flushing them with plain water every 4/5 waterings. I'm being cautious on the nutes cos I understand that autos aren't as needy as photoperiods and I want to avoid any problems with overfeeding.
    The plants look great, buds developing nicely and I'm a great believer in if it looks OK leave it the f**k alone but would be grateful for advice.
    Am I flushing the plants often enough?
    Am I being too cautious with nutes and limiting my yield?
    Should I be feeding them something on top of the Samurai nutrient?
    Brilliant forum BTW- learned so much.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I'm not familiar with your nutes, so can't help you there

But if things are going well & looking well then I would just carry on as you are... don't fix what ain't broke!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

chiselwizard (13-08-17), joker_the_smoker (13-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Any pics mate? Used shogun longgg gtime ago in coco. Take it you soil?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

chiselwizard (13-08-17)

Thanks

Yes, in soil mate. I'm a first time grower so went along with Growell's recommendations re soil, tent, lights, fans and Shogun. Having said that I would never have got this far without the forum.
    What do you think about flushing with water every 4/5 waterings? Seems like a lot of people nute their plants with all sorts 24/7, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you should give them a good old flush now and again.
    Loved the pics of your setup in one of your posts - if only....
    Try to get some photos tomorrow.
    Last edited by chiselwizard; 13-08-17 at 10:26 PM.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chiselwizard View Post
    Yes, in soil mate. I'm a first time grower so went along with Growell's recommendations re soil, tent, lights, fans and Shogun. Having said that I would never have got this far without the forum.
    What do you think about flushing with water every 4/5 waterings? Seems like a lot of people nute their plants with all sorts 24/7, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you should give them a good old flush now and again.
    Loved the pics of your setup in one of your posts - if only....
    Try to get some photos tomorrow.
    Like MC, I am not familiar with those nutes. Are they organic?

I've only ever flushed in (organic) soil when I've seriously overdone it with nutes, but that's rare and never every 4-5 waterings.Even when I did, I used water that had stood for at least 24 hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chiselwizard (14-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Like MC, I am not familiar with those nutes. Are they organic?

I've only ever flushed in (organic) soil when I've seriously overdone it with nutes, but that's rare and never every 4-5 waterings.Even when I did, I used water that had stood for at least 24 hours.
    This is the blurb and I'm guessing it ain't organic;

'SmartZen is a brilliant blend of sterols, lignans, tannin, lipids and hydrocarbons that have been modified by microbial action.'

Thanks for your thoughts - since I'm keeping nute concentrations at the low end anyway, I think I'll stop flushing unless I run into problems.

Cheers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chiselwizard For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

This is the blurb and I'm guessing it ain't organic;

'SmartZen is a brilliant blend of sterols, lignans, tannin, lipids and hydrocarbons that have been modified by microbial action.'

Thanks for your thoughts - since I'm keeping nute concentrations at the low end anyway, I think I'll stop flushing unless I run into problems.

Cheers.
    I am non the wiser, either.

Even if it isn't organic, there's no need to flush until around 2 weeks prior to chopping.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chiselwizard (14-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I am non the wiser, either.

Even if it isn't organic, there's no need to flush until around 2 weeks prior to chopping.
    Cheers mate. I'll abandon the flushing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chiselwizard For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Cheers mate. I'll abandon the flushing.
    Good idea, mate.
    As long as you're getting around 20% run off, you'll be fine and will avoid any salt build-up (if it is non-organic)

Good luck with your grow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chiselwizard (14-08-17)