Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: any one using GWS in RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Ueah hobbit , haha makes a head spin , marine life is sooooooo different from soil life , like night and day . would probably have to produce it naturally with an aqaurium and fish n all , then it becomes Aquaponic culture , wich ive studied a bit ,but more suited for lettuce and small greens culture since they are low feeding plants , a canna plant is an extreme feeder and would require massive amounts of fish in a small aquarium , quite a feat to accomplish

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-08-17)

Hobbit Guest

Yeah mate Im not looking at aqua culture always makes me laugh when the hydro shop guy tries to tell me I can grow my whole veg patch from the waste of a few perch. Obviously doesnt have a garden. Mate I was more interested in where the boundaries cross over with different sorts of microbes. For example there are microbes that live in salt water, then there are microbes that live in brackish water and then other species in fresh. Where these environments overlap there will be species that are overlapping as well. I talked with my brother in regards to species that may overlap between soil and water after your comment on marine microbes. I also have an aquarium mate and the microbe balance is very important there as well to keep things just so. I know that there are microbes there that could be useful for organic hydro, Im a bit stumped at the minute as the species im thinking of have quite a narrow ph range and its way out of for our purposes. Keep digging mate lol if ya head doesnt spin right off.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

JB (16-08-17), Trex (16-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Yeah mate Im not looking at aqua culture always makes me laugh when the hydro shop guy tries to tell me I can grow my whole veg patch from the waste of a few perch. Obviously doesnt have a garden. Mate I was more interested in where the boundaries cross over with different sorts of microbes. For example there are microbes that live in salt water, then there are microbes that live in brackish water and then other species in fresh. Where these environments overlap there will be species that are overlapping as well. I talked with my brother in regards to species that may overlap between soil and water after your comment on marine microbes. I also have an aquarium mate and the microbe balance is very important there as well to keep things just so. I know that there are microbes there that could be useful for organic hydro, Im a bit stumped at the minute as the species im thinking of have quite a narrow ph range and its way out of for our purposes. Keep digging mate lol if ya head doesnt spin right off.
    If im not mistaken , Koi fish are the absolute best, expensive little fuckers , 30$ each here at pet shop ffs , second was some sort of bass, i tried it with wild pond minnows , they lasted a week , water temps ph and all that have to be very fine tuned for wild game , id have to look it all up again tbh , i tossed the project aside , have enough work to do with worm farm , dog and the battalion of kids i got here ,let alone raise fish and maintain an aquarium, groom lmfao

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

JB (16-08-17)

Hobbit Guest

lmao, yeah Koi shit the most mate but i dont like them, if they are not native fek off. I do however have those mosquito minnows that are a noxious pest here in one pond for feeding other fish. Ive never had a problem getting those to survive in a tank though as kids we caught them and tanked them all the time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Trex (16-08-17)

Hobbit Guest

Ok so i posted the question a few weeks ago on GWS and RDWC. After 3 attempts at using the GWS at different strengths, different res temps and different amounts of oxygen, I wont be adding it to my res anymore. Every Time I added it I got sludge.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

British green (18-09-17), Northern (18-09-17)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3