Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Questions about my RDWC build project

Thanks

Default Questions about my RDWC build project

Hi guys, first post here. Currently running DWC systems and looking to upgrade this to RDWC for several reasons, mainly to have better control over water/nutes mix (pH, temperature etc) and for less frequent feeding by using a big reservoir. I have some questions regarding the setup some would love some advice from any of you who have done this before or have knowledge about this sort I'd no thing. I've drawn and attached a diagram of how I plan to set this up, please feel free to give me a shout if you can help me out any! Thanks in advance, Danj246.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RDWC.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	349747  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Danj246; 16-08-17 at 12:50 PM. Reason: adding attachment

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Joker - that post looks awesome, will definitely use that for reference. It's great Hobbit took the time to post all that great info and pics. I see he uses a 2000lph pump which brings me to my question relating to my setup plan - does a big pump in my setup simply mean that the cycles per hour will be increased? I'm worried that my plant buckets will overflow with too big a pump? I guess the solution to this is bigger return lines to the filler bucket? I have a couple more specific questions but will hang off with them for now, one thing at a time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Danj246 For This Useful Post:

Hopper Guest

I would have at lest 2 return pipes from each pot to the brain res mate

And also tee off your spray bars before the tubs and have the feed tee'd in between the tub, not centrally as u have in pic, that will help pressure be uniform a fair bit more

Most set ups don't need a filler tank either, just main brain res then your pots

There are pics of my build at the start of my current diary
    (Not in my sig)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Hopper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danj246 View Post
    Joker - that post looks awesome, will definitely use that for reference. It's great Hobbit took the time to post all that great info and pics. I see he uses a 2000lph pump which brings me to my question relating to my setup plan - does a big pump in my setup simply mean that the cycles per hour will be increased? I'm worried that my plant buckets will overflow with too big a pump? I guess the solution to this is bigger return lines to the filler bucket? I have a couple more specific questions but will hang off with them for now, one thing at a time
    What size tubs are you using?
    I use 84ltr, 3 pots, 1 res
    4500lph pump, wish I'd have gone more 6-8000 though tbh,
    But even at 4500 you won't need air stones, the spray bars create enough DO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Hopper Guest

Hopper Guest

And this one is what we based builds on!

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...wc-build-guide

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danj246 View Post
    Dont copy the way i connected the returns to the tub an res as I have. just use 1 fem and 1 male 32mm faucets. The way ive done it used reducers so narrows down to 28mm. I will change that later cause im not maximising my pump pressure cause the returns a bit to slow.

Thanks

Hopper, thanks for the advice. So each plant pot should have 2 return pipes - should I have these each going directly back to the res? That was my next question - if they are piped in series like in the pic, I guess Plant 3 gets a lot of cycles/per hour whereas Plant 1 might not get as many? If they are all piped directly back then that would solve that yeah? Thanks again man

Thanks

Also, I haven't bought my tubs yet, I currently have 25L circular shaped bucket in my DWC but a b bit nervous about using them in case the circular shape causes leaks at bulkheads, I'd prefer nice big square tubs. The 25L buckets I run just now are pretty much filled with root mass so a bit more space can't harm eh? I don;'t have a water pump yet either so looking at getting everything from new. Will a pump that size be noisy? And would a couple airstones be of any benefit at all as I will have air pump & stones sitting spare if not. Thanks again mate

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast