Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Questions about my RDWC build project

Thanks

Hopper, see revised drawing - wasn't 100% sure about Tee'ing the feed lines as you recommended, let me know if that's wrong. I will defo look over the links you posted after work, peace!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RDWC 1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	349752  

Hopper Guest

Yeah 2 returns mate, not direct from each tub, just have 2 from each one alongsame piepework like mine and then 2 main back to res
    If you're in the U.K. Look up the "really useful tubs" sizes and decide from there what you can fit in the space, I know they do 34 and 64 ish litre ones but check dimensions
    4000-4500 will be fine and not too noisy for them Sizes matey
    I'll try do a quick sketch of your tubs in that position and how I'd do the pipework

Hopper Guest

Also do the tubs and res have to be in that exact position in your space?
    Seems an odd way to have things!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Yeah 2 returns mate, not direct from each tub, just have 2 from each one alongsame piepework like mine and then 2 main back to res
    If you're in the U.K. Look up the "really useful tubs" sizes and decide from there what you can fit in the space, I know they do 34 and 64 ish litre ones but check dimensions
    4000-4500 will be fine and not too noisy for them Sizes matey
    I'll try do a quick sketch of your tubs in that position and how I'd do the pipework
    Hopper - just looked at your thread, nice setup! I've recently done away with my tents and now have a full room to play around with, so not really limited with tub sizes. It's super convenient that your are doing 3 tubs as well, I will defo learn a lot from your thread and don't need worry about the info only applying to a huge 12 plant setup or whatever. I'm in Scotland mate so will look that up and get me some big ol tubs ..... Just noticed in revised sketch that the feeder lines are no different to the first time just at different angles hahaha my bad. If the pump is connected directly to a big reservoir, is there any header pressures or the like that I'd need to consider? Gets a bit out my depth when tryna figure this bit out lol

Thanks

Also do the tubs and res have to be in that exact position in your space?
    Seems an odd way to have things!?
    No I have a fair bit of space to play around with mate, ideally gonna have the res tucked away in wardrobe and will just pipe it accordingly. the sketch is mainly just for me to see what goes to where if you get me

Hopper Guest

Sketch below mate, basically feed spray bars tee off to give a more even pressure, and returns have a pipe either side of each tub, and more importantly each side then goes back to the res, minimal chance of bloackages then, my system isn't that powerful using the 4500, using 84ltrtubs I'd have 6000-8000
    4500 would be good for 64ltr tubs I imagine

Hopper Guest

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (17-08-17)

Thanks

Sketch below mate, basically feed spray bars tee off to give a more even pressure, and returns have a pipe either side of each tub, and more importantly each side then goes back to the res, minimal chance of bloackages then, my system isn't that powerful using the 4500, using 84ltrtubs I'd have 6000-8000
    4500 would be good for 64ltr tubs I imagine
    Sweet thanks for sketching that out, that clears up a lot. I never thought to use spray bars tbh, I was just going to have a single inlet. Do your spray bars force the pump to work harder? Or are the holes big enough to allow free flow at any rate? How often are you needing to fill up the res during flower? I've had to fill up my 25L buckets daily during flower in the past which is not ideal, big monster plants drink so much its crazy. Hoping to cut that time down some

Hopper Guest

If you look at jesses build thread you'll see the spray bars in action in the video he put in there , I think the pics have disappeared but vid should still be there, just 2 or 3mm holes drilled around the 22mm solvent pipe bars, pump is fine and gives nice amount of oxygen to the water then
    Mine are drinking about 20/30 litres a day now, but across the 4 pots which total 220/230 litres its no biggy, wouldn't like to risk how much they go down in a dwc!

Thanks

If you look at jesses build thread you'll see the spray bars in action in the video he put in there , I think the pics have disappeared but vid should still be there, just 2 or 3mm holes drilled around the 22mm solvent pipe bars, pump is fine and gives nice amount of oxygen to the water then
    Mine are drinking about 20/30 litres a day now, but across the 4 pots which total 220/230 litres its no biggy, wouldn't like to risk how much they go down in a dwc!
    I will check that video out mate! That's cool, using around 10% of your total each day, much better than how I'm operating atm. Its the fact that water/nute ratio will be waaay more stable and temperature too. Can't wait to get the system up n running and see what results it delivers! Every other vid I've seen the plants look epic! Do you have any flood protection measures in place? Can't imagine what damage would be done if 200 litres flooded my room, touch wood!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RDWC 2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	349753  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast