Thread: red stems week 3 flower from leds?

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Answered: red stems week 3 flower from leds?

hello this is my first grow im in week 3 of flower using adv nut ph perfect coco along with big bud/b52 and .5 lasses once a week
    im growing 4 plants

2 la conf

1 lemon og

1 apple kush

they have been under cfls both day and night mixed spectrum for most of there life i just got a viperspectra 900w and put it about a ft and a half over the lemon og shes my biggest and 1 of the la confs is right behind her the thing im noticing is that the lemon and la are geting bright redish purpple stems it seems like wear the l.e.d is hiting them the other 2 plants are geting some of the light but not that much there still under cfls

my grow room is long not wide so the light dosent strech all the way bacck to the la and apple in the back that have the cfls

all plants are growing big healthy and geting all crystled up

but i
    can notice the red stems under just the plants with the led

is this stress ? or a nut dif ? or the led ? i kept the led like 3 ft the first week and slowly lowerd it could it be too close

my day temps are 70 -77 pretty much 73-75 always humidity around 45 -50

night temps 65 -70 humidity 40-45

good ventilation going and a carbin filter i try to have just a nice breez going so there all doing a little dance just a little dont see any wind damidge or stress from that or anything

like i said its my first grow ever ive done tons or reserch... but like most things in life experince pays off witch im still learning and lets just say that wear i live the laws havent yet eased up so theres NO one i can ask that would know lol

any help is much appreciated and will be takin in ive worked so verry hard on these girls i want to get them to harvest

thanks so much in advance

Ronbot420
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170821_125018.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	349930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170821_125010.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	349931   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170821_125032.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	349932  

2. "Often stems turn purple due to genetics, but red stems can mean stress to the plant or ph issues. We have wonderul info on the site if you use the search bar I am sure something will pop up. Typically it isn't a huge deal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

i also am awear of the slight nut burn on the tips

camkush Guest

Often stems turn purple due to genetics, but red stems can mean stress to the plant or ph issues. We have wonderul info on the site if you use the search bar I am sure something will pop up. Typically it isn't a huge deal

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Too high N can do that also . All depends on the strain ,you would have to do some reasearch cuz purple or blue crosses will definatly do that , so will girl scout cookies ,many kushs etc

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Admiral (21-08-17), M_C (21-08-17)

Thanks

If your genetics doesn't do that ( I don't know) it could be a nutrient deficiency, a lack of phosphorus can and will generate reddish stems at the beginning of deficiency, in more severe deficiency also leves get that color .. a lot of phosphorus is used up when plants start to flower plus if you have just changed light source to a much more powerfull one you get a deficiency. In the other side when you increase amount of nitrogen plant gets to grow faster depleting it's levels of phosphorus just as Trex said.

If you can get some potassium phosphate or any flowering nut high in phosphorus and use 1 g / l , within 2 or 3 weeks that reddish color will disappear.

An other good tip is to make sure with a thermometer that roots are at least at 15 C best at 18 C ( optimum temperature for roots to absorbe phosphorus ) under 15 C phosphorus will be absorbed really slow

Have a nice day

Enviado desde mi SM-T285M mediante Tapatalk