Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noob Heat Issues

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,547 Times

Default Noob Heat Issues

Hi, I've just about set up my groom and hit the fan and lights only to see temps over 100F!

Groom is 0.7x0.6x1.7M, painted Matt white, 400 hps electronic, Rhino Pro 100 in Grow room ducted to fantronix 100tt fan (chucked in as part of a job lot) in he loft.

Spoke to a mate who reckons the fan isn't pulling the air to cool down, suggests either a rhino or rvk.

What do you think, don really want to add an intake fan as well, trying to quiet as possible but first and foremost Grow!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eightleggeddj For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,179 Times

Use the tt for intake and kill 2 birds with one stone.

I was sold a 1.2x1.2x2m tent with a 4" tt fan as extraction. Doing the math I knew it wasn't going to provide adequate airflow.

I got a 6" rvk for extraction and that significantly brought my temps down. I honestly can't fault them.

So yea I'd say go buy yourself the right rvk for your space and use the tt as intake mate.

Sent from Compton

Ez DuZ iT

Shout out to the Boss Man Erburt!
    [CENTER] "Lol if you aint got a shitty plant once in a while you ain't growing"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EaZiE For This Useful Post:

Arfur (14-06-20), eightleggeddj (22-08-17), Fairy (24-08-17), Glynne (23-08-17)

Thanks

Good advice

I run a smaller tent 60x60x140 in the loft and I use a 6inch rvk with rhino and a 4inch intake I can use passive and I put a fan on to for when the temps rocket. Get a speed controller so you can change the speed as you won't want to run full tilt in winter but th humming will kill you.

Spend on a good controller and your be sorted full control with 0 bud rot for the wetter months

Happy growing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

eightleggeddj (22-08-17), Glynne (23-08-17)

Thanks

Cheers guys, thought the volume of the room being so small, a 4 inch fan would be ok but this thing hardly sucks (insert joke here!) when connected to the rhino in the groom I can just about feel the movement of air. I take it this should be much more powerful?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eightleggeddj For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

400w of HPS is a hard pull in your space even with a cool tube/hood...and even then, not so easy when the weather is warm... trust me, been there, done that, read the book, got the T shirt

Uncle M_C has been fine tuning a space not so different to yours for years... & without shelling out a small fortune, 250w of HPS is a good place to be
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-08-17), eightleggeddj (23-08-17)

Thanks

Or you could suck just the air of the cooltube and use an other vent for your rhino..

Enviado desde mi SM-T285M mediante Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gndpl For This Useful Post:

eightleggeddj (23-08-17)

Thanks

Or get cooler air inside... or get an other lamp 250 or 300 with

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gndpl For This Useful Post:

eightleggeddj (23-08-17)

Thanks

So I've got plenty of options, new fan, cool tube (maybe both)' I could get a 250w lamp and reduce the ballast, improve intake. Use existing fan for intake with air from outside.

Just so you are aware I checked the temp this morning without anything on overnight and it's 74F in there. So what's the first thing(s) do you guys recon I should address first?
    Last edited by eightleggeddj; 23-08-17 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks

Quick update, lowered ballast to 250w (not sure if I need to buy a 250w lamp?) cut a good size hole in the floor space for passive inlet and added an oscillating fan in the cupboard pointing up towards the hps and I'm getting about 92F. Heading in the right direction so keen to hear what you think I should do next, probably bigger extract fan?

Thanks

Make sure your exhaust tube doesn't get bend more than 30 degrees at once.. lille 2 cents

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast