Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: drying help day 6 wtf??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times
    Provided Answers: 51

Was the bud grown long enough before u chopped (not early)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dynodave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-17)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Defo I mean its 7weekers n 8weeekers I've gone 12 just coz they wasnt ripe yet . there defo ripe

Only this I think is I've had some 34degree nights but bud looks fine perfect fat hard no effes of heat stress
    Dryer oils out ? I duno. Going crazy...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

defo ripe?...isnt an encouraging description on a grow forum tbh.

were the trichs cloudy/amber when checked with a loupe or similar? was there the strange hay smell at chop time?.

mine stink well before chop time and generally maintain a strong smell throughout drying and then curing.

ive only ever had "dry straw" when ive dried too quickly or when theres been rot in amongst it all.

as joker,3-5 days drying then i jar it up and burp regurly,if burping isnt lowering its rh state then its back onto rack for few hrs then back in jars.

it will smell a bit wet dog in early days in jars but that will disapear on its own as bud becomes good.

this is an erb plant ?,youre not actually growing hay are you?.had to check,could be on wrong forum,may be sposed to be on farmers weekly.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-17), Uk medical (27-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    defo ripe?...isnt an encouraging description on a grow forum tbh.

were the trichs cloudy/amber when checked with a loupe or similar? was there the strange hay smell at chop time?.

mine stink well before chop time and generally maintain a strong smell throughout drying and then curing.

ive only ever had "dry straw" when ive dried too quickly or when theres been rot in amongst it all.

as joker,3-5 days drying then i jar it up and burp regurly,if burping isnt lowering its rh state then its back onto rack for few hrs then back in jars.

it will smell a bit wet dog in early days in jars but that will disapear on its own as bud becomes good.

this is an erb plant ?,youre not actually growing hay are you?.had to check,could be on wrong forum,may be sposed to be on farmers weekly.
    Hahaha "LIEK" it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uk medical For This Useful Post:

ggotch (27-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uk medical View Post
    Hahaha "LIEK" it

all cloudy with 30% amber, all hairs brown , and left it so long 1 plant had a male banana coem at end which tells me defo end,

they stunk dank look dank crystaled up to fuck size of me arm buds solid ,

stunk house out day 1 then grass smell came, day 6 stil wet in middle hay smell and now in jars and brown bags now im day 8 and stil same atm,

IF I RUB THE BUD IT SMELLS DANK but then grind it DANK smoke it then smell grinder hay like tastes mmmm kinda got a tase almost but it tastes fresh and plain stil and its all stil spongy atm not bone dry (execpt small bits)

3plant 18oz dry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

ggotch (27-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autoteaser View Post
    all cloudy with 30% amber, all hairs brown , and left it so long 1 plant had a male banana coem at end which tells me defo end,

stunk house out day 1 then grass smell came, day 6 stil wet in middle hay smell and now in jars and brown bags now im day 8 and stil same atm,

IF I RUB THE BUD IT SMELLS DANK but then grind it DANK smoke it then smell grinder hay like tastes mmmm kinda got a tase almost but it tastes fresh and plain stil and its all stil spongy atm not bone dry (execpt small bits)

3plant 18oz dry
    Your drying process obviously isn't working.

Idk how you can be growing dank buds to the size of a arm and not have a drying schedule/process that works as it sound like it's gone to crap after day one

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uk medical For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (27-08-17), ggotch (27-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

Quote Originally Posted by autoteaser View Post

3plant 18oz dry
    doesnt help much now but worth getting one of those propagation tents off ebay,only 20-30 quid,stick a filter and fan in it,only needs to be 4" and running slow.
    put a small fan inside to move air about,again can be a usb type fan,only need gentle movement(not pointed at bud,point at tent wall).

use that as a drying tent and youll achieve a nice even dry,wont attract mould etc and 5 days constant on should see you ready for jarring as my other post.

seriously isnt worth taking shortcuts drying n curing,in many ways its thee most important part.

the day it all comes together will be a glorious day believe me,worth going those extra inches after all the work youve put into growing them

atb chap,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (28-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    I've never failed to improve on that hay smell... but I'm happy to cure it for a few month before smoking it, often we don't have that luxury...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (28-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I've never failed to improve on that hay smell... but I'm happy to cure it for a few month before smoking it, often we don't have that luxury...
    couldit be i havent had a fan moving past them ive hung them was told to not have any airmovement to slow and increase it.. so i stopped all fans smells not a problem, they sit drying around 70%rh in the room

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2