Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: drying help day 6 wtf??

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: drying help day 6 wtf??

so i took 1 of my blues down (strain i grown for 2grows now its sexy )
    dryed it out a bit fast in 3days due to a dry cubord oops my bad smelt liek hay,

i took down my other 2 and slowly dryed them keepin them hanging dark and they was still totaly wet on day 4
    day 5 they started crisping onthe edges but with green stems and but about 20%into the buds, so thats good

now imon day 6(yesterday) and there starting to become somewhat ''smokeable'' with fresh taste but not enough to stain ya tounge just know its fresh ) this is smaller buds mind..

so the others which are stil slightly stem green but 50% dryish on way into the bud i decided to put them in a big ass plastic box to help them sweat back move evenly for liek 3-5hrs,

they sponged up a little bit so i was happy, re hung them on the rack, now today im smellin them, the buds on the floor on carpet smell good that dryed out in liek 3days from carpet lol

but the big ass fat colas which are stem green still but 75% bud dry smell amonia/chloraphil green again and dont smell dank, there hay like on the first fast dry .

@@@@@@@@@@@
    i am hoping this is because ive reswetted the green evenly so i have more ammonia escaping....and i need to wait until there crisping again snap stems this time to jar them ...??

im worried at the hay smell and worried if i keep playing im gona mess it up so im askin advice so i dotn keep tinker testing ..
    im worried if i wait longer there gone crisp out bone dry on edges and be smellless.... or wil that not be the case??

ive grown somuch theats been easy to dry this plants prooving me problems this time round , its all due to summer months i sware, llol i ran a huminifier in the room to stop it being so dry (seperate room to where the cubard is )

2. "the smell will come back during curing mate, slow drying is best at around 18 to 20degree, rh between 50 an 60

have read through this saves me typing it all out. just ignore the washing the buds section https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...amp-cure-guide"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-17), Greengrass (27-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autoteaser View Post
    so i took 1 of my blues down (strain i grown for 2grows now its sexy )
    dryed it out a bit fast in 3days due to a dry cubord oops my bad smelt liek hay,

i took down my other 2 and slowly dryed them keepin them hanging dark and they was still totaly wet on day 4
    day 5 they started crisping onthe edges but with green stems and but about 20%into the buds, so thats good

now imon day 6(yesterday) and there starting to become somewhat ''smokeable'' with fresh taste but not enough to stain ya tounge just know its fresh ) this is smaller buds mind..

so the others which are stil slightly stem green but 50% dryish on way into the bud i decided to put them in a big ass plastic box to help them sweat back move evenly for liek 3-5hrs,

they sponged up a little bit so i was happy, re hung them on the rack, now today im smellin them, the buds on the floor on carpet smell good that dryed out in liek 3days from carpet lol

but the big ass fat colas which are stem green still but 75% bud dry smell amonia/chloraphil green again and dont smell dank, there hay like on the first fast dry .

@@@@@@@@@@@
    i am hoping this is because ive reswetted the green evenly so i have more ammonia escaping....and i need to wait until there crisping again snap stems this time to jar them ...??

im worried at the hay smell and worried if i keep playing im gona mess it up so im askin advice so i dotn keep tinker testing ..
    im worried if i wait longer there gone crisp out bone dry on edges and be smellless.... or wil that not be the case??

ive grown somuch theats been easy to dry this plants prooving me problems this time round , its all due to summer months i sware, llol i ran a huminifier in the room to stop it being so dry (seperate room to where the cubard is )
    I would like to reply with a sensible answer to you son but after reading your post and reading it again you've managed to head fuck me and now your fucked hahaha

I've always found drying to be the easy part generally using the tent I used to flower in having the extractor fan on and oscillating fan on the floor whilst my buds hang high keeping the room at 70 degrees 50 percent rh humidity for first 2-3 days then down to 40% rh humidity for another 48 hours then a sweat in a large jar easy peasy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uk medical For This Useful Post:

autoteaser (26-08-17), GEORGE (26-08-17), Greengrass (27-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

the smell will come back during curing mate, slow drying is best at around 18 to 20degree, rh between 50 an 60

have read through this saves me typing it all out. just ignore the washing the buds section https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...amp-cure-guide

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

autoteaser (26-08-17), GEORGE (26-08-17), Greengrass (27-08-17), Northern (25-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    the smell will come back during curing mate, slow drying is best at around 18 to 20degree, rh between 50 an 60

have read through this saves me typing it all out. just ignore the washing the buds section https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...amp-cure-guide
    that fast dried bud ddint coem back smells liek shit liek 3 weeks on lol,.thats why i was scared thoguh it never had any good smells due to the speed this bud has

i dry in a wooden cubard as my tens has late plants in still

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times
    Provided Answers: 7

Should of cured it after a few days of drying.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

paper bag would be better, is humid weather just now always got wait till the weather becomes less humid to full dry unless you use a machine of some sort

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As Joker said the proper smell should return while curing. Trick is to do it slowly, you can't rush it in my opinion.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BongJovi For This Useful Post:

autoteaser (26-08-17), GEORGE (26-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BongJovi View Post
    As Joker said the proper smell should return while curing. Trick is to do it slowly, you can't rush it in my opinion.
    jar after a few days drying nah xD llol why wud u jar it wet? u wana dry it slow and long

ive dryed over 6-7 days slowly,
    duno where u are but its defo not humid here lol humiditys 32 and temps are 28 degrees out here :P hence why u puton my humidifyer to even make the room there in near 50

so ya all sayin wait til they snap dry and jar em? coz they stil moist green in middle big buds

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

I have hung mine 3 to 5days stems snappin thought i over did it coz weather was hot an air con was even strugglin. Jard them up boom couple days later RH sitiin at 68.
    I rather put mine in the jar sooner at 70odd. Then keep emptyin them here an there . Then start burpin few times a day Till i get to the 65% . Each to the own but i get a smooth strong smellin bud for it.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Admiral (25-08-17), autoteaser (26-08-17), ERBURT (26-08-17), GEORGE (26-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    I have hung mine 3 to 5days stems snappin thought i over did it coz weather was hot an air con was even strugglin. Jard them up boom couple days later RH sitiin at 68.
    I rather put mine in the jar sooner at 70odd. Then keep emptyin them here an there . Then start burpin few times a day Till i get to the 65% . Each to the own but i get a smooth strong smellin bud for it.
    so ur putting them in jars when there stil wet in the middle and grass smeling?
    i dont get whats happening lol cause ive grown for 15 years not had a problem.....

now i dry 3days smells hay, dry over 8days smells liek hay ?

i put them in the jars lastnight, smelling slightly nice n sweet if u rub them, open them, but after 1day in jar it smells liek hay now again

21. The Following User Says Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast