Thread: Airplane's first growroom...

Thanks

Default Airplane's first growroom...

Hi there ..

So I was thinking about getting down to build my first real dedicated growroom, the main plan is to use it just for vegetative growth for mother plants.

I've always dreamed of having a great collection of mother plants of my favorite strains, so when I feel in the mood I'd go in, take some cuttings, let them grow and take them outside to flower whenever I want ( a great advantage of living on a far little corner of the world were there's always 12 / 12).

I've always dreamed about it because many times I did put my hands on some strains that were just fantastic, got them to germinate, grow and flower. But when I decided to do them again I couldn't get the genetics (where I live it is freaking difficult to get good seeds, lets say its a great disadvantage of living on a far lil corner of the world )

So I plan to make this hobby as a lifetime hobby, because of its therapeutical and recreational properties, not just from its components but from the fun of growing this beautiful plants. I'm really interested in breeding but just for the sake of fun !!

I know here's a limit of 10 plants, and I have the intention of not failing this requirement for a good long time, but eventually I'll fail on it. ( IDK if it will be a problem for this great forum if i get more than 10 plants even as only motherplants and get kicked out ) if so, please let me know and I'll leave the forum once I get passed the max number of plants .

So well let's get started:

I'll be constructing my growroom in a safe place indoors, it has to be quiet and with a low electrical footprint.

So my growroom will be 1,6 m x 2.5 m x 2.5 m a really simple cheep wood mainframe with plastic walls.

If you do wonder why it will be so high it's because where I live and where I'll construct my growroom it's almost always hot at day and cold at night (day 27 °C night 9 °C ), so a bigger vertical space will help me to reduce rapid temp fluctuation.

For the lighting I'll be using some home grade cfl and some office leds, this will be provisional till I can get my hands on some very special horticultural leds I'm planing to use, for now I'm out of money so some cfl will have to do the trick.

For air movement I'll be using 2 fans that I'm not using, one simple extractor 4 inches wide & for the moment passive air intake ( have some plans in mind for it )

So that's the beginning of my lil mothers growroom.

Enviado desde mi SM-T285M mediante Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gndpl For This Useful Post:

M_C (27-08-17)

Thanks

So I've been working some nights on it ( really late night) so I do little progress at a time.
    So far I did plan and got some cheep wood framed.. here some pics.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gndpl For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (05-09-17), M_C (27-08-17), Stirl_420_SA (27-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Sounds like you have a well thought idea mate, well done

The 10 plant limit here is non negotiable mate
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Gndpl (27-08-17), Stirl_420_SA (27-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Look forward to seeing this.

All the best man

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

Gndpl (27-08-17)

Bulls Guest

How's things coming?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Gndpl (02-09-17)

Thanks

Hi there guys, just an update on how it's going...

This week I was really busy so didn't do much on the growroom, however did manage to get the plastic walls in ...

Thanks

So here are some photos. .. almost no light leaking out, the floor will be covered also with plastic and for the door I'm just going to use some velcro & plastic.., I did run a vent inside it makes really much sound echo.. if you have any suggestions I'll be happy to consider them !!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gndpl For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (05-09-17)