Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: hey newbie here :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    Ok so I'll start from the top down;

Tent,

Come in various sizes but for 2 plants a 80cmx80cm or 100cmx100cm would work well. If you buy a cheap 1 to get you going and then upgrade if you want later on.
    EBay, between £35 and £50

Lighting,

CFL (compact fluorescent lamp) lights would be a good start, lots of people don't like CFL's because you don't get as good density as you do HPS (high power sodium). But I've grown some lovely buds with them. They are half the price of HPS too.

I still say CFL is an easier option for beginners too.

You can get 300w duel spec set up Including a reflector, on e bay with every thing you need for £45.

Extraction and filter,

The most important part to spend money on. Exchanges the air for you and cleans the smell before removing warmer air.

5" system air 500m3/hr with ducting and 5" rhino pro filter,
    EBay £108.50 will do the job well for your 2 plants.

Clip on fans £6 each eBay

Timer plug worth spending a bit more than you cheap ones.
    Black orchid off e bay is £7

Hygrometer for reading temps and humidity. You can get them anywhere from between £8 and £15.

Fan and temp controller,

You can spend stupid money on a controller. I have a £100 one that alot use on here called ecotechnics. The 1 I had before was called an inkbird. It does the job and will be fine to start with.
    E bay £27.

Then you'll need some basic nutrients, which you again can spend silly money on.
    The must haves are,
    Bloom nutes are between £10 and £20.
    Epsom salts £ 4
    Cal mag £12
    That will get you started.

Compost from b n q £5
    Perlite from b n q £10

Then it's little things like,

Plant pots and saucers,
    Watering can and other small cheap items that you can get as you go.

I would recommend you start with a photo period seed first as autos can be tricky to start with.

Any questions or other things you need to know, gimme a shout. ��

This hobby becomes very expensive as you go along if you allow it to. Its full of lots of different brands and copies of brands.

Also there isn't really any wrong way of growing or bad advice. It's very much an opinion game. What works for some may not work for others. ��

You just have to dive in and get yours hands dirty and you will work out what works for you as you go. You won't fail with the good people of this site keeping an eye on your progress either, we all love to help out when we can.

Hope this gives you some inspiration and the offer still stands if you'd like me to check on any equipment before you buy. If I don't know some one on here will.��

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

Thanks for taking the time to write that excited to try and let you guys know any updates ��

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littlemamma For This Useful Post:

Ironman (03-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemamma View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write that excited to try and let you guys know any updates 😋
    No problem, I enjoy helping people😉

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    No problem, I enjoy helping people

Me too .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Ironman (03-09-17)

Thanks

Hi newbie like you here. I got a 300 watt cfl with reflector and timer for 60quid .I'm using a walk in cupboard with white walls all hidden behind the door.in all with seeds (auto flowering ) probs spent around 200 .Not looking for huge yields just the pleasure of growing my own bud.
    Have u not thought about a similar method ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldsmokie For This Useful Post:

Littlemamma (14-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmokie View Post
    Hi newbie like you here. I got a 300 watt cfl with reflector and timer for 60quid .I'm using a walk in cupboard with white walls all hidden behind the door.in all with seeds (auto flowering ) probs spent around 200 .Not looking for huge yields just the pleasure of growing my own bud.
    Have u not thought about a similar method ?

Yeah I got the 300w CFL with the reflector and hanging but for £70 I think maybe less, I have a big cupboard in my bedroom as well that I'm using, it's surrounded by all brick walls and I have my tent also and filled in any holes (no smelly) haha Believe it or not I've went and bought auto flowering seeds, but the ones I'm trying just now are from a friend so I'm hoping these work just to give me a rough idea of what I'm doing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemamma For This Useful Post:

Ironman (14-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemamma View Post
    Yeah I got the 300w CFL with the reflector and hanging but for £70 I think maybe less, I have a big cupboard in my bedroom as well that I'm using, it's surrounded by all brick walls and I have my tent also and filled in any holes (no smelly) haha Believe it or not I've went and bought auto flowering seeds, but the ones I'm trying just now are from a friend so I'm hoping these work just to give me a rough idea of what I'm doing
    Are you doing autos now or photos?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Welcome to the talk , I see you've already got the bug and want to go indoors good luck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5