Thread: vaping cannabis?

Thanks

Default vaping cannabis?

So I got treated to a vaporizer for my birthday and I've had a lot of fun with it so far. On the lower temperatures it's weird... I don't get any clouds so I thought it was having no effect on me but 10 mins later - wow!

I've also tried turning it right up to max but was dissapointed to see after that the cannabis had burnt... which i'm trying to avoid for health reasons.

What temperature do you vape at? Do you find different effects as you increase it?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optiboooptiboo For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (08-09-17), happyjack (02-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

bubblehash start on 1 up to 3, bud just 1, i'm new to it just about 4 weeks into it now and lovin it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by optiboooptiboo View Post
    So I got treated to a vaporizer for my birthday and I've had a lot of fun with it so far. On the lower temperatures it's weird... I don't get any clouds so I thought it was having no effect on me but 10 mins later - wow!

I've also tried turning it right up to max but was dissapointed to see after that the cannabis had burnt... which i'm trying to avoid for health reasons.

What temperature do you vape at? Do you find different effects as you increase it?
    Can you set the vape to specific temperatures?

Cannabis is full of different cannabinoids and terpenes that each have a different effect. When you smoke they all hit you at the same time. However, using a vape that allows you to set the temperature gives you the ability to control your own high.

Cannabinoids
    THC - 157°C : The most well known and sought after cannabinoids. It gives users a sense of euphoria and can induce relaxation of the mind and muscles.

CBD 160°C - 180°C : Popular among medicinal users. It also counters the negative effects of THC, countering feelings of anxiety and paranoia

CBN - 185°C : CBN breaks down THC and is also associated with a sedative effect.

Terpenes

Myrcene - 166°C : This terpene increases your body's ability to absorb THC. It also has analgesic, an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties.

Beta-caryophyllene - 199°C : Reduces anxiety effects from THC. Is all anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory.

Linalool - 199°C : Aids sleep, whilst reducing anxiety and psychosis.

Read more : what temperature should i set my weed vaporizer.

In general, temperatures below 190°C produce a head high whilst temperatures above that gives you a body high.

Personally I like to start on a low heat and increase temperature 10 degrees every 10mins or so. It takes me through a journey - energetic high to begin with, followed by the munchies then couch lock, deep introspective thinking and bed!!! Perfect way to wind down after a shitty day at work!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrthccbd For This Useful Post:

Buster (06-09-17), Glynne (04-09-17), phatsmoker420 (23-10-17)

Thanks

Mrthccbd has put together a useful post. I personally vaporize around 170°C as it gives a nice balance between flavour and high. I will often start lower (around 150-160°C) as this is the best way to experience the flavour of the bud and I do enjoy seeing what all the strains have to offer. Usually the higher you go temperature wise the worse the taste unless you are lucky enough t have a Mighty or a Firefly which are great for terpenes.