Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 315 LEC lights

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,487 Times

Default 315 LEC lights

Hi guys! Been a while since I've been on here! I've just invested in two 315w LEC setups, hopefully it's a good long term investment as they're £250 each 😳
    Pros:
    More efficient
    Better spectrum
    315LEC is said to be equal to around 450/500hps
    Run cooler than HPS
    Bulbs last 3 years with little drop in efficiency over that time.
    Plants seem to finish sooner
    More trichrome production
    Slightly higher in THC on average.

Cons:
    Price on start up
    Bulbs are £100, but works out at £33 a year which is better than HPS swapping in the long run.

So I was going to buy 3 lights and run 8 plants in coco in a 2.4 but I've decided to hold off just yet. I'm going for 2 in my 1.2/1.2/2.0 tent and go for 6 smaller plants rather than 4 as I usually do. Speaking to an expert today he said it's more cost effective which on explanation makes sense....
    3 extra cuttings = £30 extra. But then there's less coco to buy as pots can be smaller, 2/3 weeks less time in vegging means lower bills and quicker turnarounds so more smoke per year.
    He said with these bulbs the quality of bud is so much better and seeing 20/30% in yields for same wattage over HPS/MH grows. And 1grm/watt is much easier to achieve.
    Let's hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

Fairy (10-09-17), GEORGE (07-11-17), redisiel (04-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

CMH lights I assume?

Viz & a couple of others have been playing with them & had some banging results
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (10-09-17), Fairy (10-09-17), GEORGE (07-11-17), ggotch (13-09-17), Karsa (04-11-17), widowsmite (04-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    CMH lights I assume?

Viz & a couple of others have been playing with them & had some banging results
    Yes same thing just called different things. I shall find some grow reports 😎

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-17), M_C (04-09-17)

Viz Guest

I am a huge fan of the CMH/CDM/LEC lights.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

British green (10-09-17), Fairy (10-09-17), GEORGE (07-11-17), ggotch (06-09-17), Karsa (04-11-17), tlh2496 (23-09-17), widowsmite (05-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    I am a huge fan of the CMH/CDM/LEC lights.
    Link to your grows with them mate? I would love to see your progress with them. You think 2 315's in a 1.2 tent would work well with 6 plants?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-17)

Viz Guest

Just click on any of the grow diaries in my sig mate.

As I grow in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent too, four is ideal. Four plants filled my tent to overflowing. Had to take one of my girls and toss her out the last grow due to overcrowding. Would suggest that 6 is way to much.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-17), widowsmite (05-09-17)

Thanks

Ta because I'm using Tapatalk I can't click them. I'll go on PC tonight 👍

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-17)

Viz Guest

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

on my second grow with lec/cmh,just a single unit.

not entirely tested really, as seeds were a first try as well so didnt know what to expect,but most autos act the same ive found.

i can say theyre brilliant during veg,seem to encourage very "big" leaves and lots of foliage.

still not entirely convinced about flower power though,am using a different blub this time round in case the original 3k one wasnt right one for flower,using specific 4k one now(lot cheaper n all @£45) both spectrum graphs show much the same ratios though and tbh its no different to me.so far.

so my semi conclusion so far is theyre nicer to use than led,emit slighty less heat than hps and emit a lot brighter more natural light(you can see exact plant color on or off).

but..im considering adding my led in there as well for late flower now,it "seems" as though buddage is weak again this grow so far,have had bigger buds ,at this time of grow,using hps in previous grows,as i have also had via the led.

could be the big head strain though,its been bit problematic so far,only two doing auto properly,one dying young and one with alzheimers that thinks its a rose bush or something.

cheap and easy to run though,which is paramount for me at this time.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Fairy (10-09-17), GEORGE (07-11-17), Karsa (04-11-17)

Viz Guest

I would strongly suggest forking out for an expensive Phillips Agro lamp. Must be Agro not the other two versions that they offer.

Found that there was a huge difference between the hardening of the bud with the Agro.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Fairy (10-09-17), GEORGE (07-11-17), ggotch (06-09-17), Karsa (04-11-17), tlh2496 (09-09-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast