Thread: Q about extraction

Thanks

Default Q about extraction

Hey up dudes im after some advise on extractiin please.

Ive always had my extract fan with the filter at the far end (pushing air thro the filter) but i see a lot of pix on here with it the othervway round, pulling air through the filter and the exteacting out.

Does it matter which way you have it? Since upgrading to a bigger fan i do notice that its pretty noisy so maybe switching thijgs round will quieten it up too?

Cheers dudes

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,547 Times

As far as I've seen you can have both ways but supposedly pushing air through should shorten the life of the filter as there is no prefilter.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,149 Times

Seen a few people chuck a duvet or some sort of lagging around the fan to dampen the noise a bit. But I'd guess if the fans inside of the tent It would be a bit quieter too is your fan inside or outside the tent I know you said the filter outside but is you fan outside too with ducting coming from inside the tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

They'll work either way

The only downside is if you pull through the filter (IE filter in the grow room) you have the advantage of a prefilter that will stop most of the dust & debris getting in the filter itself..
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (07-09-17)

Thanks

Cheers folks that's ok then, it's not the noise of the fan itself, it's more of an induction whooshing noise, obviously this new fan is much more powerful than my old one

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,149 Times

You can also get insulated ducting that will cut noise too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis69 View Post
    Seen a few people chuck a duvet or some sort of lagging around the fan to dampen the noise a bit. But I'd guess if the fans inside of the tent It would be a bit quieter too is your fan inside or outside the tent I know you said the filter outside but is you fan outside too with ducting coming from inside the tent?

My groom is a cupboard in a spare room, I extract into the loft above. Fan sits in the loft on a slab of polystyrene to isolate it.

Thinking about it all is fine it's just a lot more powerful than my old 100mm fan :-)