Thread: Alopecia Areata

Bulls Guest

Default Alopecia Areata

Hello guys.
    A very good friend have been diagnosed with Alopecia Areata after he noticed a couple patches on his head with less hair.
    Apparently doctors say there is no cure for it. Alopecia Areata is a type of hair loss caused by auto immune disease. The way NHS treats that is to do nothing. Just sit and expect your hair to grow back. But it might never grow back.

After a good read about different vitamins and shampoos we decided to take a look into cannabis oil. There are is not much information about if it can help but only a few articles in blogs claiming that CBD rich oils can help restore the normal function of the immune system and hopefully restore hair growth.

Does any of you has have information that can be helpful? Will be nice to know if anyone has experience with that and if yes what will be the best strain to use and how much oil to be used? Thanks in advance.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Trex (08-09-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi mate,

Has your mate tried any of the caffeine based shampoos?

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Hi mate,

Has your mate tried any of the caffeine based shampoos?
    Not as far as I am aware mate. He only found out about the condition few days ago and been to the doctors yesterday. Nothing has been tried yet.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Trex (08-09-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I saw this, but you've probably already seen it...

"Minoxidil lotion is applied to the scalp and can stimulate hair regrowth after about 12 weeks. However, it can take up to a year for the medication to take full effect. Minoxidil is licensed to treat both male- and female-pattern baldness, but is not specifically licensed to treat alopecia areata."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Googling 'Alopecia Areata cannabis' seemed to give some good results?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I saw this, but you've probably already seen
    Yes we've looked into that as well buddy, but reviews and very mixed and we all know how people writing reviews for money these days. Apparently it can help in some cases but then it can happen again as soon as you stop using it or it will appear in a different place.
    Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Googling 'Alopecia Areata cannabis' seemed to give some good results?
    That was first thing we did but most articles seems to be identical. Reviews and comments under the articles are mixed too.. some poeple saying they will try and never came back to confirm how much and how they used...or maybe we are missing something....that's why I thought I might ask here if anyone has a first hand experience.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

M_C (08-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Hey bulls , ive got some fermented seewed full of hormones im sure it can sprout a few hairs haha .

Just kidding

Ive been researching Rick Simpson/Phoenix Tears , alot past few years . For skin ailements he recommends a light canna oil of a third wash , just light enough to cover the condition , he recommends Indica dominant as much as possible to make it a more relaxing high , start with like a dose the half of a grain of rice and work it up . It can also be mix with Sunflower lecithin o Coconut oil , coco oil beijg much more available , its got alot of good fats , wich body needs .

Im no expert tbh , maybe go his site , this giu cured his own cancer and others aswell with oil , and whole hosts of other diseases and ailements/disorders

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Thanks for the information Trex I will definitely look into his website now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Trex (08-09-17)