Thread: Maxbright Digilight 1000W - Super Light Flashing 6 times

Thanks

Default Maxbright Digilight 1000W - Super Light Flashing 6 times

Sorry for another post but I just tested my Maxbright Digilight 1000w ballast. Plugged her in. The 600W light is solid (got it set to 600), but the super LED is flashing 6 times, then it pauses, and repeats.

I checked the manual but it doesn't give any indication on what this could be.

It's brand new. The light doesn't come on when I put the ballast on.

Any ideas guys?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokeful For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Are you using a 600w bulb on the 1000w setting ? I think that may blow the bulb. Need to match bulbs to ballast outputs ideally. MH bulbs are not meant to be dimmed and HPS can usually handle the super lumens setting but won't handle 1000w through a 600w bulb I think

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Did it not come with a manual so that you can read the 'LED status light with diagnostic feature'?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18), Ginger-bud (15-09-17)

Bulls Guest

If something flashes it is most likely to get your attention..
    Quick google search with your ballast confirms that.

'"Please refer to the full installation and operation instructions supplied with your new DigiLight Pro Select ballast. The DigiLight Pro Select has a sophisticated ignition and diagnostics system. The Super LED indicator flashes to indicate the following fault conditions. If the system fails to start and the ballast is not flashing a fault switch off the supply. Do not unplug the unit for at least 5 minutes after supply is switched off. Check all mountings and connections to and from the unit. Check the cable plug and inlet socket fuses- the inlet socket contains a replacement fuse. Remove the lamp and screw back in firmly- remember to wipe with a clean dry cloth after re-fitting. "

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18), Ginger-bud (15-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeful View Post
    Sorry for another post but I just tested my Maxbright Digilight 1000w ballast. Plugged her in. The 600W light is solid (got it set to 600), but the super LED is flashing 6 times, then it pauses, and repeats.

I checked the manual but it doesn't give any indication on what this could be.

It's brand new. The light doesn't come on when I put the ballast on.

Any ideas guys?
    Did you ever resolve this? I don't have the manual, can't find one online, and I'm having the same problem.
    I've replaced the fuse in the inlet of the ballast, but still have the "super" led light flashing.

thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to salemthecat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18)