Thread: Fungus on crop harvested 4 weeks ago

Thanks

Thumbs down Fungus on crop harvested 4 weeks ago

Hi
    I hope someone can help me with my problem. I did have a quick look through the forum but can't see it's been covered already
    Just found what looks like a fungus on my crop, harvested 4 weeks ago. I'd been checking the 2 jars every day until a few days ago. Big mistake.
    Now it looks like there are fine hairs in one of the jars. I've removed what I can
    Can I stop it growing? can I save my crop please??!!!
    It's a small harvest - Tangerine Dream- another mistake cos I had read it didn't give a big yield.Duhh.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ros View Post
    Hi
    I hope someone can help me with my problem. I did have a quick look through the forum but can't see it's been covered already
    Just found what looks like a fungus on my crop, harvested 4 weeks ago. I'd been checking the 2 jars every day until a few days ago. Big mistake.
    Now it looks like there are fine hairs in one of the jars. I've removed what I can
    Can I stop it growing? can I save my crop please??!!!
    It's a small harvest - Tangerine Dream- another mistake cos I had read it didn't give a big yield.Duhh.
    Thanks
    It sounds as though the buds were pit in before they were totally dry and you didn't burp the jar enough.

If humidity is too high in the jars you will see mould.

Almost spiderweb like mould on the buds

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stirl_420_SA View Post
    It sounds as though the buds were pit in before they were totally dry and you didn't burp the jar enough.

If humidity is too high in the jars you will see mould.

Almost spiderweb like mould on the buds

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your info. What you said makes sense but I can't figure out why one jar was affected but not the other, except the jar with th mold did have larger buds.

Thanks

there may not have been enough air space between the buds if you're saying the buds were bigger... usually when curing, you must open the jar daily and give the buds a little move around to circulate the airflow for a small period of time, usually do this for the first 2 weeks of curing for around 20 minutes a day.

Thanks

You could do this depending how your mould buds are; dry them out on something warm (not hot) so theyre crispy. Put in a container - perhaps the jar, with water and agitate very gently and let it sit for 20 mins - this should wash mould spores off. you could do 2x rinses depends how much mould. then dry out again using gentle heat till its crispy. sterlize your jar (bleach/iso alchohol etc) return your crispy dry buds to your jar. burp your jar for 20 mins per day and they should re-hydrate slightly. Could add a fresh bud to it as well and then remove after a few days. Essentially you dont want to breath in concentrated mould spores, this would stop that.