Thread: Secondary buds: Should I remove some?

Thanks

Question Secondary buds: Should I remove some?

Below is an image of one stalk where you can see every leaf joint is developing a bud. The entire plant is like this. These are being grown outside on my deck in 24 inch pots. I am giving the plants Sensi Bloom (parts A and B) with every watering, so maybe they can handle it. But I do like large buds and am concerned about the plant having enough energy. Also a factor is the fall, as harvest is likely to be at the very end of October where Western Oregon nights do get rather cool, and weather can get wet, so if fewer buds mean sooner harvest, that is reason to remove some.

Most of what is on the internet talks about trimming leaves, not buds, so I ask for some advice. My thinking is to remove maybe the lower third of the 'leaf joint buds' (what is the proper name?)? Maybe more? Max production is less important that excellent large buds, but I don't want to remove more than I should.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ndarybuds.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	350636

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

removing buds wont speed up harvest matey. your gona be goin past october by looks of it strain dependent. and you really dont want it getting wet at any point now or mould /rot will 100% ruin it all

no harm in stripping the bottom quarter of the plant though so more energy is focused above were there buds will be exposed better to sunlight

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

M_C (14-09-17), Ol' Doc Happy (14-09-17), Scotty napalm (14-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Never remove healthy buds. It's like asking your Double D girfriend to have a breast reduction.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (14-09-17), joker_the_smoker (14-09-17), Ol' Doc Happy (14-09-17), Scotty napalm (14-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

Ol' Doc Happy (14-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

TBH, it looks too late to start messing with removing buds now, you don't want her to kick in with self preservation & hermie...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BB (14-09-17), joker_the_smoker (14-09-17), Ol' Doc Happy (14-09-17)

Thanks

Thank you. With respect to coco bongo, I'll leave the buds at is and let the plant take care of itself. There is a covered area for them when raining, and I can re-use the UV screen cloth from when it was 100F+ and use it as a wind reducer and rain break.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ol' Doc Happy For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (14-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Doc Happy View Post
    Below is an image of one stalk where you can see every leaf joint is developing a bud. The entire plant is like this. These are being grown outside on my deck in 24 inch pots. I am giving the plants Sensi Bloom (parts A and B) with every watering, so maybe they can handle it. But I do like large buds and am concerned about the plant having enough energy. Also a factor is the fall, as harvest is likely to be at the very end of October where Western Oregon nights do get rather cool, and weather can get wet, so if fewer buds mean sooner harvest, that is reason to remove some.

Most of what is on the internet talks about trimming leaves, not buds, so I ask for some advice. My thinking is to remove maybe the lower third of the 'leaf joint buds' (what is the proper name?)? Maybe more? Max production is less important that excellent large buds, but I don't want to remove more than I should.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ndarybuds.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	350636
    Get a large bin,to cover her up at 8pm take it off at 8am this will make ur plant flower faster,that's only if it's not an auto,if ur in soil go easy on the nutes aswell
    Davo lad