Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cfl vs hps

Thanks

I used to use hps dual spec for both veg and flower but have now switched to cfl blue for veg and hps red for flower.
    Was wondering if anyone has tried this set-up before and if they had better or worse results.
    Should have written cfl instead of hps on original post

Thanks

I go the organic route. No messing about with Ph. The soil takes care of that (unless your tap waters is miles off, mine never has been).
    Last edited by Smokeful; 17-09-17 at 07:45 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smokeful For This Useful Post:

Karsa (17-09-17), M_C (17-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeful View Post
    I go the organic route. No messing about with Ph. The soil takes care of that (unless your tap waters is miles off, mine never has been).
    I shall be joining the organic club next year... however I will be expecting to see smaller harvests, but I'm happy to do that trade off for good, tasty weed
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Admiral (17-09-17), ggotch (17-09-17), joker_the_smoker (17-09-17), Karsa (17-09-17), Smokeful (17-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1983 View Post
    I used to use hps dual spec for both veg and flower but have now switched to cfl blue for veg and hps red for flower.
    Was wondering if anyone has tried this set-up before and if they had better or worse results.
    Forget cfl for that many plants in veg. You want Mh bulb for veg and hps flower bulb for ya fruits

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

420jock (17-09-17), Admiral (17-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1983 View Post
    I know a 400w HPS will produce a lot more lumens than a 400w CFL.

20 watt CLF gives off around 1300 lumens.

400 watt HPS gives off 44000 lumens.

Going by the above 400 watt CLF is going to give you 26000 lumens if my calculation is correct.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

CFL's are great for reading books as joker has mentioned in the past. Apart from the seedling stage, I wouldn't recommend myself.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (17-09-17), Karsa (17-09-17), M_C (17-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I shall be joining the organic club next year... however I will be expecting to see smaller harvests, but I'm happy to do that trade off for good, tasty weed
    I don't want to derail the OP's thread but I want to go full organic without man made nutes. I'm tempted to get a little setup alongside my current setup to test it out with 1 plant and get some practice. Get some companion plants in there and lots of natural goodness like worm castings and chicken poop. If money permits of course.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeful View Post
    I don't want to derail the OP's thread but I want to go full organic without man made nutes. I'm tempted to get a little setup alongside my current setup to test it out with 1 plant and get some practice. Get some companion plants in there and lots of natural goodness like worm castings and chicken poop. If money permits of course.
    Meh! Too much like hard work.... let the nute guys do the donkey work & wait until they bring out their organic feeds... & then buy it

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (17-09-17), Smokeful (17-09-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I dont really get why you have cfl in the title when you refer only to hps...
    Hps beats cfl though

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,030 Times

Purple Haze Auto and Moby Dick Xxl Auto

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Can you guys check my grow, Moby Dick Xxl is having problems i would like to address this asap with some help from others

"Real Eyes Realize Real Highs"

“Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast