Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fox tailing?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stirl_420_SA View Post
    A Calyx is the smallest puzzle piece to a bud.
    It's the bulby looking, teardrop shaped, resin covered Base of a bud. They most typically have pistils (white/brown hairs) protruding from them l.

A nice swollen Calyx is often misunderstood for a seed when not knowing what to look for.

Swollen calyx is good = more bud.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    Yay, thanks Stirl, "more bud" is music to my ears 🎵🎶🎵

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

Hobbit Guest

If you want to understand it better, go into the garden and find a plant that has solitary flowers. Under the petals you will see the sepals which are often green. A rose is an easy example to see this, what you see before the flower opens is the sepals or calyx. The word calyx just refers to a whorl ( group) of sepals. A whorl or group of petals is called a corolla. So basically if your calyx ratio is increasing it means your getting more flowers.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (18-09-17), Greengrass (18-09-17), Karsa (18-09-17), Missy (19-09-17), M_C (18-09-17), Oldsmokie (18-09-17), Scotty napalm (18-09-17)

Thanks

What a great bit of information
    Outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotty napalm For This Useful Post:

Oldsmokie (18-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Ah right so buds on weed are multiple flowers like those on say a butterfly bush and each has it's own calyx. I see. Great thanks Hobbit 😁

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

Karsa (19-09-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UK-MRS View Post
    Ah right so buds on weed are multiple flowers like those on say a butterfly bush and each has it's own calyx. I see. Great thanks Hobbit 😁

What we refer to as buds are not technically buds in botanical terms. They are a flower inflorescence called racemes. There are many types of flower inflorescences, which is why i recommended finding a solitary flower. With weed its really hard to see the various flower parts as there are sooo many flowers. for every white hair you see your looking at a single flower. To simplify it every white hair is a vagina and a flower only has one vagina lol. Many plants flowers have the male and female parts in the flower ( weed is not one of them, hence you have male plants). There is so much you can tell by a plants flower and the number of parts it has. But thats another subject kinda lol.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Karsa (21-09-17), lazor_ears (20-09-17), Missy (20-09-17), M_C (20-09-17), Scotty napalm (20-09-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UK-MRS View Post
    Ah right so buds on weed are multiple flowers like those on say a butterfly bush and each has it's own calyx. I see. Great thanks Hobbit 

Yes Mrs except Buddleja ( Butterfly bush) inflorescence are not racemes. They are either terminal panicles or cymes. But you get the idea. I could go on lol as Its a subject I have a great passion for but most might get a little bored.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (21-09-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2