Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New project

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Default New project

I'm looking at building a pc grow box with a low draw but high output I will put a diary up of the build but I wanted to know some information on lighting. I've been looking around and decided to go for a diy cob as I can place or move them about, but there are other lights which would be viable. Thing is I want to make this he best I can as I want to make one as a prototype then a few more to give away as prizes here (and maybe sell). I have my plans all set out and can do it completely from scratch with very little cost minus the tower. What I wanted to know is your experience of cob lights and is it worth using them over say a premade light you can just dump inside. I figured led would be the best bet for temp management inside. I've built boards and other electronic circuits and script as well so I could actually make this a ful functional automatic grow box. But you would still have to scrog or lst and change your feed etc. Anyway I wanted to do this as a bit of fun as I have some time but wanted your opinion on lighting. So any advice regarding the small space (think standard PC case not server tower). Led, CFL, mh, cob led etc. Bring your opinions ^^ seriously. And yes this for me is fun...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

scoobywho (20-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Only problem I can think of is that led can bleach plants if too close especially a cob usually you need a distance of 18-24 inches from the plant canopy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

M_C (20-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

CMH any use ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (27-09-17), ggotch (20-09-17), Karsa (20-09-17), scoobywho (20-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

tbh it seems to be arse about face to me,surely you need to start by deciding what you are going to want/realistically get, from a single plant crammed into a tiny space.

ive seen pc grows and they seem fun for the most part but decidely unexciting far as output goes.

far as selling them,well its been tried but folks generally want more than 1/4-1/2oz of harvest and so the ideas of profiting from the idea seem doomed tbh.

so for fun,great,but realistic amount of erb production not so.

plus not much fun for the plant either .chicken factory comes to mind.

i can understand the idea of a selfcontained automated growbox,maybe something square like one of those 90's pc media boxes,more room etc but still more cost effective to just use a small tent imo.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (20-09-17), Karsa (20-09-17), M_C (20-09-17), scoobywho (20-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

You clearly know your stuff with electrics and other such wizardry lol so why not put your skills towards custom grow cabinets even fully automated ones, then as ggotch says you ain't cramming a plant in.
    There's a market for custom led units aswell man lots of potential for someone with the skills .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Karsa (20-09-17)

Thanks

Fair point, the grow cabinets out there are a lot of money and really shoddy from what I can tell. And drying boxes too, you guys are quite right about the spacing. I'lol do a bit more research and see whether I can do a little growing cabinet. Gonna take a trip to some charity shops and find a reasonable cabinet as a basis or just raid my brothers stock of wood and knock one up. Cheers for the feedback guys.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-09-17), M_C (20-09-17), scoobywho (20-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,770 Times

Good luck I'm interested to see what you make 👍

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kev For This Useful Post:

Karsa (21-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,770 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Fair point, the grow cabinets out there are a lot of money and really shoddy from what I can tell. And drying boxes too, you guys are quite right about the spacing. I'lol do a bit more research and see whether I can do a little growing cabinet. Gonna take a trip to some charity shops and find a reasonable cabinet as a basis or just raid my brothers stock of wood and knock one up. Cheers for the feedback guys.
    How u getting along???

Thanks

Still sourcing materials, gotta do it as cheap as possible due to recent circumstances but I have e erything planned out. Even how to make your own carbon filter for smell haha I will put everything up in a build diary once I'm set man

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

eightleggeddj (27-09-17), Kev (27-09-17), MR B-loom (27-09-17), M_C (27-09-17), scoobywho (27-09-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast