Thread: Kitchen paint vs bathroom paint?!

GMOGreen Guest

Default Kitchen paint vs bathroom paint?!

Yo.

I'm just about to renovate my growdrobe and wondering people's opinions.

Kitchen brilliant white comes in genuine matt and has all the mold and mildew resistant stuff but is only water resistant (wipe clean but don't get wet)

Bathroom brilliant white is low sheen so there would be a margin of light lose but also is mold and mildew resistant but is fully water sealed which means I could do the floor and not worry for ever more ish.

As and added note, I've just stripped out the mylar sheet as it was a ball ache to keep clean and crisp, wrinkle free was never gonna happen so I think one of these is my best option

Tia

Keep it green

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Aspie Toker Guest

Where's Vance Miller when you need him?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Ironman (23-09-17)

Thanks

Bathroom paint holds on to moisture then slowly release it like a condensation control type of thing it's not gonna be fully sealed if you have a spill of sorts water will always find a way through it. the floor will get scraped and mucky as time goes on moving stuff about /standing on it
    I'd go with the flat white kitchen paint with black n white sheet white side up lapped 4-6 inches up the sides all way round so you create a tray of plastic sheet should the worst happen you prob only need 2meters of it bout £5 of the bay delivered

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickylove For This Useful Post:

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickylove View Post
    Bathroom paint holds on to moisture then slowly release it like a condensation control type of thing it's not gonna be fully sealed if you have a spill of sorts water will always find a way through it. the floor will get scraped and mucky as time goes on moving stuff about /standing on it
    I'd go with the flat white kitchen paint with black n white sheet white side up lapped 4-6 inches up the sides all way round so you create a tray of plastic sheet should the worst happen you prob only need 2meters of it bout £5 of the bay delivered
    Ahh that all makes sense. As it's only 2×3 feet it's gonna be a quick and cheap job no matter what I go for.

I was thinking of using a clear plastic storage tub as a floor pan as I have one that fits like a glove, but that sheet will do the job better it seems. And I can make a trim box from the storage tub instead!

Thanks for the advise

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post: