Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Strains for a First Time Grow?

Thanks

Default Best Strains for a First Time Grow?

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some input on what strains a brand new beginner grower should consider getting for their first ever attempt at growing from seeds.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the options and still trying to make a rational choice. So far I've been thinking to buy just a couple strains from a big legit provider, one Sativa and one Indica, and grow them in a couple different tents. But the big question is which seeds?

I've been reading a lot about strains on Leafly and have a bunch picked out that claim to be easy grows and offer high yields, but can that really be trusted, or will it even matter for a first home indoor grow?

I like the idea of sticking with more traditional long standing stable strains, or landraces, instead of going with some fancy new hybrid with unknown origin.

So, if you were to suggest strains for a recreational beginner, what would you say recommend?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grone86 For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (04-10-17)

Thanks

I searched & googled a while the same question and ended up with White Widow.
    As for companion to her i've chosen Super Skunk. WW is auto SS is not.
    Plan to germ next week. we'll see how it goes.
    Happy first grows, cheers.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rd World Grower For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (04-10-17), Greengrass (03-10-17)

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd World Grower View Post
    I searched & googled a while the same question and ended up with White Widow.
    As for companion to her i've chosen Super Skunk. WW is auto SS is not.
    Plan to germ next week. we'll see how it goes.
    Happy first grows, cheers.
    Original white widow was a photo mate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (04-10-17), Karsa (03-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,684 Times

Hey bud, it's a bloody tough choice picking what strain to grow 😂 the range is endless, I've got about 4 I'd like to do and I've only just finished one 😂

If I could give any advice, I'd grow the same strain instead of multiple strains.. reason being, you will probably find yourself having mixing up different feeds for them as each strain differ from one another, keeping them all the same can minimise this meaning just making one batch of feed for all plants...

However I've seen loads on here so different strains at a time, for a first grow try make it as easy as possible on yourself mate 😁 atb when it comes to it bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

autobox (05-10-17), edgar62 (04-10-17), Karsa (03-10-17), tlh2496 (05-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Incredible bulk is brilliant for new growers, or maybe super iced grapefruit if you can get it still
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Good old coffee shop favourite white widow has been a less troublesome plant to grow compared to the other Auto's I've grown with them
    Get plenty of jars filled with a stable strain fella then while your smoking all that then try something exotic )

All the best on your new hobby pal
    Let us all know how you get on

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (04-10-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

White widow auto and Northern lights auto to my knowledge
    The photo original versions were simpler to look after according to a few growers I've spoken too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (04-10-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the input guys.

Honestly I think I'd rather go with photoperiod (feminized) plants instead of autos. Mainly because of the ability to make clones.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Northern lights looks a good bet. My mate can't grow Cress but he managed this one ok.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

autobox (05-10-17), edgar62 (04-10-17), Karsa (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

You can't go wrong with a skunk or afghan type strain as a begginer. There long standing strains, moderate feeders and very stable

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

autobox (05-10-17), edgar62 (04-10-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast