Thread: First ever grow, why are my seedlings so long??

Thanks

Default First ever grow, why are my seedlings so long??

Hi there as the title says, I've got 2 white widow seedlings (I had 3, but I guess I messed one up and it never grew) they're about 9/10 days old but they are SO stretchy and weak despite being under 3 CFLS? I've tried moving them closer, I've tried putting fans on them to help get them a little stronger but nothing seems to be doing a whole lot of good really! Also when is the best time to start them on fertiliser? So many sites say so many different things it really is quite confusing!

Thank you for any help you can give
    Jade.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JadeY994 For This Useful Post:

scoobywho (04-10-17), Twisted (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Hi jade welcome to the forum 😆 my seedling always stretch to start with I just Bury the stem up when I pot them up 😀 or if u have room in your pot Bury throw some more soil in and should be good then. What are you growing in soil, coco etc and are u going to be using the cfl all the way through the grow?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

JadeY994 (04-10-17), joker_the_smoker (04-10-17), scoobywho (04-10-17)

Thanks

Hiya! Aw thank you for replying so quick and for putting my mind at ease- I'm currently growing in coco and I was only planning on keeping them under cfls for another week then I'm going to put them under 2 600w MHs, I'm going to (hopefully lol) be adding another 3 northern lights seedlings in a few weeks too.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JadeY994 For This Useful Post:

scoobywho (04-10-17), Twisted (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JadeY994 View Post
    Hiya! Aw thank you for replying so quick and for putting my mind at ease- I'm currently growing in coco and I was only planning on keeping them under cfls for another week then I'm going to put them under 2 600w MHs, I'm going to (hopefully lol) be adding another 3 northern lights seedlings in a few weeks too.
    As for feeding I can't comment on that as I've never grown in coco but there are plenty of good coco growers on here that will probably pop by soon and can advise u on that 😆 you should start a diary so if u run into any problems in the future it's easier for people to help 😀

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

scoobywho (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    As for feeding I can't comment on that as I've never grown in coco but there are plenty of good coco growers on here that will probably pop by soon and can advise u on that 😆 you should start a diary so if u run into any problems in the future it's easier for people to help 😀

2nd what twisted said get a diary up Jade the people on here will help you to no end and welcome to the forum pal its a great wee place 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Twisted (04-10-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Are they autos or photos? You can bury the stretch as for feed plain water 5.8ph fwirh rhizotonic first few weeks. Just water is fine but faster roots with rhizotonic

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

scoobywho (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Double post. ***
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 04-10-17 at 05:29 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Karsa (04-10-17), scoobywho (04-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

1200w of light for two seedling is to much. 1 600w be enough even if you ad some more.

What size watt are the cfl? What nutes have you got?
    I wud get canna Ab. Rhizotonic. And some liquid silicon.

Do you have your ph and ec meter ready to?

As mentioned start diary in newbie section for sure will get alot of advice along the way

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Karsa (04-10-17), scoobywho (04-10-17)