Thread: Super cropping and cloning the same plant. Is it wise?

Thanks

Default Super cropping and cloning the same plant. Is it wise?

I've encountered several threads on how to perform both procedures on the same plant. The idea behind super cropping is to activate a stress reaction so the plant will produce more buds. The idea behind cloning is to get free weed, but in doing so, also activating a stress reaction. To me, this sounds like breaking one arm and amputating another. The main question is, how much stress can a cannabis plant take? I never super crop the plants that I plan to clone or have already cloned. I'm not an expert and that's my simple logic. If I'm wrong could someone explain why and what would be a reasonable timeline for both procedures.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Super cropping has got nothing to do with inducing stress....Its main purpose is to reduce the plant's height so you can veg longer and produce the shape of plant you want..Also by supercropping a hormone called Auxin is diverted from what was the top of the plant down to the lower ones fooling the the plant to thinking all its branches are tops...The best time to take clones is a couple of weeks into flower known and monster cropping, these clones are the best producers later in my experience...Don't be worrying about stressing the plant, if the plant is healthy when you carry out these procedures it will just do what it does naturally and heal itself with no detrimental affect to the plant whatsoever...

Regards BL

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-10-17), Ironman (04-10-17), joker_the_smoker (04-10-17), Monsterdad (06-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Do love me some super cropping great watch them bounce back. Can seem a little strange at first but they hardy fookers an come back bigger an better

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I'm going to do the monster cropping with my next lot, maybe around 1.5 weeks into flower on the Less stretchy ones, and leave it 2 weeks for the stretchies. Like the idea of squat stocky plants and the timing should just fall nice for a perpetual grow. Save some money on seeds.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

Thanks

And I have my answers. Thank you all