Thread: Massive love to all THCtalkers

Thanks

Default Massive love to all THCtalkers

Hi guys,

I'm new to all this. It's so cool to be able to come on here and meet some great people, and discuss anything related to the greatest plant on earth...I'm new in Kent (and new to the UK as well). This is my first ever grow... My babies are 3 weeks old, they live in an 80 x 80 tent in my shed. I'm growing 4 x Wappa strains, and 1 x Dutch Kush. I have a 6" duct connected to a Can-Fan extractor that is connected to a Phresh Carbon Filter, 400W HPS bulb (I'm on 24 hour ON since vegetation), a humidifier with OR water only (because I cannot get my humidity above 30% on average). I have a fan fixed halfway down the tent pointing towards the pots, switched on the whole time. There are three things I do to try to raise humidity levels:

1. I have placed a small towel on one of the corners which I wet on a daily basis, and
    2. I also wet in between the pots regularly to keep the moisture levels up.
    3. I have placed a humidifier on one of the corners and have used it for 2 days continuously.

It now reaches 35-40% on average, still not good enough. My other issue now is I haven't watered the plants for 4 days. One of my plants' leaves have started to droop and some are turning yellow. So I'm really worried now. I was told to only water it when they were dry. I have now lowered the lights to 2 feet from the plants, hoping that the heat will dry the soil quicker. I had planned to start feeding them nutes this week, however was waiting for the soil to dry first, right? I haven't transplanted them yet to bigger pots because I was told only to do so when the roots start sticking out. Right now they just show on the edges of the pot.

I try to keep the temperature between 21-28 all the time, so I sometimes open and close one of the holes in the tent to manage the temperature. I am the type of person that panics immediately when I see something wrong, and then start doing whatever I can to get the levels back to where they should be.

So basically my 2 issues are:

1. Humidity rarely goes above 40%
    2. Soil hasn't dried for 4 days

Any suggestions, advice, and recommendations are more than welcome. This is my first grow, I really want it to be a success (who doesn't?) I have also attached a picture. The one worrying me is the middle one. I'm so worried I put her in the middle so her brothers protect her :-)

Thanks guys,
    OziClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4488.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	351584

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozi For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (06-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Defo need repotting and humidity up to 70%
    Hopefully lowering the light will help.
    How much water have you been giving them
    From the start?
    And yes don't water till pots are light.
    I'd repot if it was me

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (06-10-17), Ozi (06-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Ozi (06-10-17)

Thanks

I had been watering them every other day since vegetation but I've only watered them twice in the last 10 days. I lowered the lights after my first post however that raised the temp to 33 so raised it back up now, kind of in between. Thanks for the tip re repotting. Been wanting to do that this week but my local grow shop says to wait until roots are completely sticking out from the bottom. I'm not sure how on earth I'm gonna get humidity up to 70%. I'm struggling to get passed 50% with all that I've done.. let's see...

Cheers Erburt

MrChedHead Guest

Welcome to THC mate... plants are looking good, as erburt said they lookin like they ready fr potting up... have you got many fans in your tent? It helps with temps havin one rigged up blowing under the light... all the best with it mate

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Welcome along & good luck with the grow
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Hello ozi, welcome to the Talk