Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carbon scrubber venting in same room

Thanks

Default Carbon scrubber venting in same room

Hey guys. Just a quick question here for anyone who could help me.

Am not gona be able to start drilling holes in the walls for carbon filter to go outside but if I get a decent carbon scrubber, would a be able to vent into the same room or would the smell still be too much?
    Am not looking for 0% smell as am not sure thats possible but just not mad strong either if that makes sense 🙃
    It's a bedroom & there will be an open window so it won't be the same air circling all the time.
    Am currently germenating GSC auto & the only thing am worried about is the filter situation 🤔

Any help will be much appreciated ✌🏼

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hobbit Guest

So you have a tent in a room?? If so yes venting into the same room is ok if you have the right size filter for your tent you wont get any smell.. One thing to keep in mind is if you vent into the same room as your tent, can cause heat issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Hazy Rebel (06-10-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

there will be no smell after the air is filtered/scrubbed but again this depends on the size of the Growing room, and the capacity of the carbon filter
    it's the heat that will build up that's usually the problem for most people,

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Hazy Rebel (06-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    So you have a tent in a room?? If so yes venting into the same room is ok if you have the right size filter for your tent you wont get any smell.. One thing to keep in mind is if you vent into the same room as your tent, can cause heat issues.
    Aye basically the tent is in a bedroom. Al have a look around and check out reviews & stuff on filters. It really is my only option.
    Will keep the heat issues at the very front of my mind though as a kinda knew that could be an issue.
    Thanks for the reply Hobbit ✌🏼😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazy Rebel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    there will be no smell after the air is filtered/scrubbed but again this depends on the size of the Growing room, and the capacity of the carbon filter
    it's the heat that will build up that's usually the problem for most people,
    Will it be a case of "the bigger the better" where the filter is concerned? Or getting a specific 1...
    Grow tent is 80x80x160 in a 10 foot x 9 foot room

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazy Rebel For This Useful Post:

MrChedHead Guest

Pull fresh cold air from behind ye curtains an exhaust into same room all day long, works well this time of year an fr next few months but come late spring its fucking shit ha! Zero smell leaks if u got fresh filter.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Hazy Rebel (06-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy Rebel View Post
    Will it be a case of "the bigger the better" where the filter is concerned? Or getting a specific 1...
    Grow tent is 80x80x160 in a 10 foot x 9 foot room

You wont need a very big filter for that but i would go as large as you can in case you want to upgrade to a larger setup in future. There is only so large you can go on your extraction though b4 you turn that little tent inside out. Whatever you decide buy quality mate its cheaper.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

ggotch (08-10-17), Hazy Rebel (06-10-17), MonsterEnergy (07-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Pull fresh cold air from behind ye curtains an exhaust into same room all day long, works well this time of year an fr next few months but come late spring its fucking shit ha! Zero smell leaks if u got fresh filter.
    Sounds like a plan for now then. A can deal with the heat next year 🙈😂
    Cheers TT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    You wont need a very big filter for that but i would go as large as you can in case you want to upgrade to a larger setup in future. There is only so large you can go on your extraction though b4 you turn that little tent inside out. Whatever you decide buy quality mate its cheaper.
    Ahh right gotcha 👌🏼 sound advice.
    I'll have a wee look around then and see what's best suited for my sized tent.
    Cheers Hobbit 🤙🏼

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazy Rebel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I helped a friend set up a 1.2mx1.2mx2m tent in her spare room. A 6 inch rvk fan and a six inch filter with the ducting end right on an ajar window. Works a treat!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigjaw For This Useful Post:

Hazy Rebel (09-10-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast