Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electrical Issues. Need Advice.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (07-10-17), joker_the_smoker (07-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Brown to L2 blue to neutral. Snip the earth down a bit jobs a goodin. Usually the bigger fans need the earth wiring on the rvk from what i have seen. Had loads of them different sizes.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    Ordered a 4" in line fan for my first grow room. It showed up with no plug or wire to power the thing, which is apparently standard but fuck knows why. So i get down B&Q and buy an electrical cable and plug.
    I wired up the plug end, only to take the cover off the fan and find only two terminals to attach the cable.
    So to clarify, my wire has an Earth, a Live and a Neutral, and my fan has an L1 (Brown), L2 (Black) and N (White), and the L1 terminal is covered, clearly not supposed to be used.
    The options i think i have are;
    1. Unwire one of the colours from the plug and wire the cable up to the fan, so that only two colours have an electrical charge.

2. Snap off the plastic in front of L1 and wire up all three terminals.

3. Get back to B&Q and buy another wire.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    The l1 and l2 are for different fan speeds so it's either or and the earth is not required

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Claymorrow For This Useful Post:

M_C (10-10-17), Swiss (10-10-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2